Vice President, Series
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2021 8:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Series jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Series?
Full Time Job
Vice President, Series, Smithsonian Channel
The Vice President, Series will oversee production of SMITH unscripted, factual and special programming. This position creatively leads all aspects of this genre of SMITH productions and initiatives from development through release. S/he is a critical member of the SMITH leadership team, serving as an editorial lead in moving programming to air.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing franchise series and other formats for SMITH and other MTVE brand.
• Assigning and leading executive producers in conjunction with VP, Original Documentaries.
• Ensuring productions are delivered on schedule and within the approved budget.
• Supervising editorial, visual and graphical direction coordinating feedback on rough and final cuts to ensure editorial and broadcast standards are met.
• Effectively collaborating across departments including Production, BALA, Distribution, PR, Marketing, and Finance to ensure projects meet creative expectations.
• Reviewing and approving SMITH promotions and press releases in consultation with Head of Channel and VP, Original Documentaries.
• Collaborating with VP, Original Documentaries to execute SMITH programming strategy under the direction of the Head of Channel.
• Reviewing and tracking ratings for measurement of program performance, publicity, and market trends.
• Traveling to productions to provide oversight and direction, as needed.
• Identifying and handling program talent, as assigned.
• Providing pertinent feedback to Head of Channel and other MTVE management.
• Providing editorial oversight of the SMITH slate of podcast.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in unscripted and/or factual programming at a network, studio, and/or production company.
• College degree or equivalent related work experience.
• Experience producing news programming with proven editorial and journalistic judgment.
• Experience as a showrunner of reality-style programming.
• Excellent communication, strategic, presentation, creative and storytelling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under time constraints.
• Communicates well and resolves conflicts diplomatically.
• Strong leadership skills with solid operational and financial acumen.
• Proven track record of production operations, i.e. budgets. scheduling etc.
• Strong PC skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.