Vice President, Product Science and Analytics
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 2:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Product Science and Analytics jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Product Science and Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Product Science and Analytics? ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
Advertising on all formats is being reinvented through new business models and the combination of data, predictive analytics, optimization and other modern data science techniques. ViacomCBS Vantage, ViacomCBS’s industry leading advanced advertising platform, is at the forefront of this reinvention of advertising, and is currently looking for key new individuals to join our team!
The Vantage Product team is looking for a Vice President of Product Science and Analysis. In this role, you will need to gain a deep understanding of our platform, including the predictive, simulation, and optimization models that power it – as well as how those models impact our underlying business. You will oversee a team tasked with monitoring and improving different models, driving technical innovation within the product, and fulfilling custom analysis requests utilizing platform data. You also will closely coordinate with a dedicated software engineering team to implement platform improvements. While this role is primarily oriented around technical leadership, you should have the ability (and will have the opportunity) to go hands on keyboard for critical analysis and prototyping.
Overview and Responsibilities
• Lead data scientists, data engineers, and technical analysts to deliver models and analysis that are aimed at underlying business objectives
• Coordinate with product management and software development to implement new data driven capabilities within the Vantage platform
• Monitor and maintain platform health, as determined by Vantage business leadership
• Provide technical guidance to your team, including keeping up to date on the latest techniques and methodologies
• Ensure technical approaches taken by the team are appropriate for their objective and underlying data architecture
• Brainstorm new functionality and features for future platform improvements
• On occasion, present information about Vantage to technical resources, either internally or externally
• 5 years of experience leading a team
• Experience designing, building, and deploying production data science systems using prediction and optimization algorithms
• Proficient at converting high-level business objectives into projects with detailed, clear paths to success
• Proficient at identifying the correct (data science or statistical) approaches to solve problems
• Proficiency with machine learning algorithms and libraries such as xgboost/lightGBM, pytorch/tensorflow, SVM, random forest, etc.
• Experience with optimization techniques such as linear programming and greedy optimization
• Proficiency with extracting insights from large data sets
• Understanding of relational databases and data management
• Understanding of industry and marketplace dynamics in traditional and advanced television, addressable, and digital advertising
• Proficient with Python and SQL
• Experience with AWS infrastructure, database, and its applicable capabilities
• 8 years of experience in media at an agency, network or ad-tech firm
• Understanding of advertising and agency ecosystem in television and/ or digital
• Passion for problem-solving and the ability to find answers to difficult questions – the sort of answers that others might struggle to find
• Deep knowledge of TV data, how it is sourced, where it is housed, and the differences between the major and minor providers in the marketplace
• Technical fluency in the fundamentals of digital, addressable, programmatic and television advertising
• A track record of partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, agencies, executives and execution partners
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience building and leading presentations
• Familiarity with additional programming languages
• Familiarity with Google tech and data science stacks
• An entrepreneurial approach with a bias for action that is passionate about building businesses within a fast-paced environment, while changing the way partners perceive our brand and our product This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.