Vice President, Global Compliance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, ViacomCBS, the Vice President, Global Compliance is responsible for promoting and giving to a strong culture of ethics and compliance at ViacomCBS. Specifically, this person will have responsibility for conducting internal compliance investigations; developing and implementing the company's 3rd party management system, including due diligence and monitoring procedures; providing advice on compliance-related business risks; and providing advice related to M&A compliance risks. The main areas of compliance coverage are anti-bribery and corruption, conflicts of interest, antitrust, anti-money laundering and export controls/sanctions.
• Lead and handle compliance-related internal investigations of varying complexity in partnership with Internal Audit, outside counsel, Human Resources, Legal and other partners.
• Develop and improve company's 3rd party management system across the organization, including due diligence and monitoring procedures.
• Advise on a wide variety of compliance risks related to film investment, theme park development, international licensing and distribution and the retention of representatives and agents in markets outside of the U.S.
• Ensure business units across the company conduct appropriate, risk-based due diligence and post-engagement monitoring activities on third parties.
• Evaluate, retain and handle vendors hired in connection with the company's investigations and 3rd party management efforts.
• In partnership with VP, Global Compliance (Training, Policy and Communications), develop a training and tracking approach to ensure adherence to company's 3rd party management system.
• Provide compliance-related advice for various groups across the company, including with respect to domestic and international M&A transactions.
• Propose action plans to ensure the company's compliance efforts are current with the evolving regulatory environment and guidance.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• At least 7 years of experience in ethics and compliance or related function. Prior experience in compliance related work in multiple positions including in a governmental agency, corporate compliance program and/or a law firm is helpful.
• J.D. from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and license to practice in NY.
• Experience in conducting a wide variety of internal compliance investigations of varying complexity with investigative teams comprised of audit, accounting, IT, forensics etc.
• Experience in conducting compliance due diligence on representatives, agents, consultants or other third parties in international markets.
• Keen ability to spot compliance issues and work with relevant constituents to identify and implement creative solutions.
• In-depth understanding of relevant ethics and compliance program requirements and standard methodologies, including risk assessment, policy and procedure development, due diligence, training and communications and monitoring and testing activities.
• Strong background on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions/export controls and knowledge of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Criminal Finances Act.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through required.
• Ability to successfully lead a variety of projects of multifaceted complexity working with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Shown ability to think critically and independently and act with integrity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Willing to travel 30% including internationally