Vice President, Design
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview & Responsibilities
The VP of Design for VH1, and Logo will be responsible for the creative development, oversight and execution of all design projects of the VH1 brand. The role requires a conceptual advertising and branding specialist with strong design, leadership and client skills to work across all of our platforms. We're looking for someone with an innate understanding of branding within traditional media and new platforms -- with a desire to develop a team that creates best in class work!
We are looking for a candidate will bring high level design and visual communication capability, a broad visual vocabulary, and peer-recognized experience. This role requires a high level of leadership skills including the capacity to be responsible for large scale, high impact projects. They will also possess the ability to lead a fast paced, high volume workload. The role will bring new partnerships and new talent to the organization to ensure we have the best in class design storytellers.
• Work with Creative Directors and Production Management to ideate, develop and execute campaign creative.
• Lead all aspects of design and execution of all channel branding elements, ensuring quality across platforms and campaigns.
• Work with network production and development teams to develop and execute promotional campaign design for multiplatform promos and best in class keyart, branding and packaging for new and recurring franchises, business to business presentations, brand image collateral.
• Lead multiple design teams of (internal/external) talent. Manage and mentor a staff of Creative Directors, Art Directors and Designers.
• Direct internal and external creatives, vendors.
• Must be capable of making independent decisions on own work as well as the work of their direct reports. Review larger projects with senior executive leadership. Self-directed and makes decisions on behalf of their direct reports.
• Must be able to translate feedback into meaningful design notes.
• 12 years' experience at a network, agency or entertainment company.
• Experience managing teams and leading creative design strategy.
• Bachelor's degree or trade school degree in advertising, design or art preferred.
• Working knowledge of standard motion, animation and photo-based design techniques, tools and software.
• 360 degree creative experience including TV, strong emphasis on digital
• On-set experience – directing or assisting shoots for print and/or TV
• Extensive experience with type design and logo development.
• Brand and consumer insight savvy.
• A shown responsive leader that is decisive.
• Able to adjust and respond quickly to new situations. Able to develop teams through ambiguity and change.
• Flexibility with travel required.
• Knowledge of pop culture, celebrity culture and hip hop culture!