Technician Client Services & Support
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities
The Technician, Client Services and Support, is a partner to the business end users and other CBS Tech. teams. By understanding our technology stack & the business, the Technician is the main point of contact that end users can look to for support.
You are the person the site manager will partner with to keep things running. You will handle support of local and remote sites as well as assisting on projects and events. In Client Services you will have an opportunity to deliver highly visible solutions, aid in improving the operation of our business and take part in a dynamic, changing industry.
• Provide operational support for CBS Business Units encompassing :remote/phone/in person: diagnosis, break/fix support, request fulfillment, how-to dialog, and project support
• Responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of all user hardware, software and related peripherals including but not limited to: client facing support, hardware, software, mobile devices, peripheral and network troubleshooting for all end user systems.
• Responsible for handling issues advanced from Service Desk or other colleagues
• Participates in testing potential new technology or process, potential solutions and helps to make recommendations.
• Coordinates and provides hands-on support in conjunction with other IT support teams from infrastructure and applications.
• Provide project support on business unit initiatives
• Provide onsite setup and support at special events as the need arises.
• Resolve incidents and requests within agreed upon timeframe
• Support will be a mix of Windows and OSX devices
• Assist Engineering in testing and keeping production images up to date.
• Tests and distributes security patches to clients; remediates any threats to the desktop environment (i.e., virus, spyware, malware, etc.).
• Provide regional support for Showtime production accountants.
• Flexibility to travel locally between multiple ViacomCBS supported locations when needed
• Willingness to work overtime as necessary
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy equipment
• Accountable for technical testing made in an effort to bring a solution to a trouble ticket or outage.
• Helps establish and ensure alignment to the policies and procedures for communication and escalation of incidents and issues
• Provides recommendations for solutions to IT requests
• Ensures the production team is always in good order through proactive hardware and software maintenance, licensing, equipment upgrades and installations, system administration, and OS image creation and network deployments.
• Independently fix and resolve anomalies in a fast paced environment and execute the best solutions to limit production downtime.
• Responsible for supporting ViacomCBS 24/7 Sports Network, providing scheduled sports news and broadcasts.
• 2-3 years IT experience supporting end users' systems in a corporate environment.
• Deep understanding of current Windows & OSX operating systems
• Basic knowledge of technology such as: network topologies, server administration, etc.
• Knowledge of Google G-Suite products
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Additional Qualifications
• Working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems.
• Knowledge of collaboration products such as Slack, Zoom
• Experience with desktop remote control software (i.e JAMF, BigFix, LogMeIn).
• Understand computer imaging concepts (i.e Ghost, RIS, PE, MDT)
• Experience with threat deterrent and encryption applications
• Experience with Enterprise Management Tools (i.e BigFix, SCCM, JAMF, etc.)
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Superb oral and written communication skills
• Familiar with ServiceNow and Jira
• Undergraduate degree in a computer science related field or equivalent work experience preferred.