Team Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you passionate about television and have an interest in the business side? If so, join our incredible Business & Legal affairs team.
The Business and Legal Affairs Team (BALA) provides day-to-day business and legal services for ViacomCBS' MTV Entertainment Group programming, as well as its marketing and brand creative initiatives. We work closely with all departments including Development, Production and Integrated Marketing, across iconic brands such as MTV, Comedy Central, VH1 and Paramount Network to help structure business deals, draft and negotiate contracts, and analyze and mitigate risk in connection with original programming, specials, live events and marketing and promotional activations.
You will support three attorneys and provide support as otherwise needed across the group.
• You will circulate, track, follow-up, and distribute documents including contracts, correspondence, and status charts and reports.
• You will field incoming phone calls and maintain up-to-date contacts.
• You will schedule and coordinate the planning of department events and outings, schedule & book conference rooms, coordinate internal and external meeting, respond to facility issues, book conference calls and other business appointments as well as handle travel arrangements and expense reports.
• You will maintain well-organized digital filing systems.
• You will perform research and summarize contract terms, at the direction of attorneys.
• Opportunity to learn and develop contract drafting skills.
• You will perform various other organizational and support functions including, but not limited to, ordering office supplies and providing backup support to the other executives and members of the department.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Passionate about television with a strong interest in the business side of entertainment
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask, properly prioritize and meet deadlines. Quick turnaround time on most assignments required
• Extraordinary communication skills including, without limitation, maintaining a professional demeanor while calmly and efficiently handling a large volume of phone calls and paperwork
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel
• Display tremendous attention to detail
• Maintain a positive attitude in a demanding fast paced environment
• Ability to exercise solid business judgment and maintain confidentiality
• Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter with excellent follow-through skills
• Ability to anticipate and properly resolve administrative issues/problems without relying on senior executives input or direction
• Should have the flexibility to work overtime as needed