Talent & Music Co-Ordinator UK
This was removed by the employer on 8/11/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Talent & Music Co-Ordinator UK jobs in London-UK
Search all Talent & Music Co-Ordinator UK postings
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
Incredible opportunity for someone looking to make their mark within the music world. This role would ideally suit someone who is passionate about music and youth culture, has some experience spent at either a record label or production company and a genuine people person who loves building relationships and keeping calm under pressure.
What will you be doing?
• Label Co-ordinator within the UK Talent and Music team.
• Responsible for day to day music, artist and label relations, linear and digital music marketing promotions.
• Supporting the Label Directors, Head of TAM, Video Acquisitions Manager and the wider team in all music and talent related activities.
• Supporting the team on assigned (talent, sponsor or company driven) projects, shoots, bookings, events or initiatives on behalf of the department for MTV Networks UK, it's clusters and adhoc other ViacomCBS branded events.
• Offering support during any events and assisting in the development, production and delivery of multi-platform music formats.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working.
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally.
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion.
Music, Artist and Label relations duties:
• Provide day to day support for Label Directors and Head of TAM across key music initiatives and execution of campaigns.
• Build relationships with key contacts, asking for feedback and keeping them informed on relevant developments at MTV.
• Have a detailed knowledge of artist releases, bringing back info to the team regularly and aligning talent to key initiatives and events.
• Provide labels and contacts with feedback on their new artists and releases.
• Attend gigs and events on a weekly basis to feedback on new artists and label priority signings. Build and maintain relationships with wider music industry.
• Create and develop documents, presentations and reports to market our shows, events platforms and initiatives.
• Co-ordinate on site or on location promotion/interview schedules and hospitality for those artists and their entourages when necessary. Ensuring that the relevant broadcast GRFs and/or contracts are signed by labels/management.
• Knowledge of the digital landscape especially in relation to music and youth entertainment, ensuring that all talent projects exist on our digital social media platforms where possible rights permitting.
• Assist in developing and delivering the teams digital marketing and assets.
• Build and develop key contacts within the digital music industry, including specialist PR agencies.
• Organising and coordinating major competitions with significant artist involvement including any digital and marketing activity.
• Attend and be a key member of MTVs weekly playlist meetings, keeping a close relationship with the Music Programming team.
• Ensure the department receive all necessary materials for UK production teams (biogs, press packs etc) and sufficient competition prizes whenever possible – samplers, merchandise etc for shows and interactive giveaways.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of all major live music events and festivals and artists as well as touring plans for relevant artists.
• Represent MTV at events and shows always showing a composed and professional manner.
• Liaise with the International TAM Co-Ordinator to align on local and international properties.
• Have a detailed awareness of MTV's channels programming schedules and shows as well as a working knowledge of the channels operations systems and music policy.
• Retain a comprehensive knowledge of all artist opportunities on the channels (as well as the regular talent demands) and keep both the TAM department up to date on requirements and the channel staff up to date on availability and bookings.
• Develop and sustain a meticulous devotion to the channels associated scenes, key genres and core artists by monitoring relevant radio airplay, print media, websites, newsletters and club scenes as appropriate, keeping both channel staff and the TAM team up to date on important news and developments.
• Keenly monitor both directly competitive genre-based dedicated music channels and the relevant major terrestrial music shows to ensure we are as competitive as possible.
• Assist in assigned talent-based events for the channels on behalf of TAM.
• Pre-empt needs of the channel by sourcing music, samplers, EPKs and other relevant material for review by production and/or music programming staff (as applicable) either directly or via department colleagues.
What are we looking for?
• Proven experience in a similar music or media role.
• Broad knowledge and awareness of the music industry.
• Experience of directly working with music talent, coordinating talent events, initiatives, launches and campaigns.
• Good working knowledge of the youth entertainment industry.
• Very high standard of written English – an ability to compose well-structured and toned proposals, reports, letters, documents and updates. Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, Excel and Powerpoint. Effective and confident communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills, admin duties, travel and schedule organising.
• A broad understanding of major music scenes, genres, artists, charts, labels and successes of the last 5 years.
• Up to date with the ever moving digital landscape, especially in relation to music and youth entertainment.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next