ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Systems Designer, you will be the gatekeeper and custodian of ViacomCBS's design system that powers a suite of our brands applications on both web and native platforms. Reporting to the Director of Platform services; you will help create, maintain, and update all aspects of the design system in conjunction with newly created experiences, features and products.
• Work hand in hand with product designers to create or enhance elements and components within the design system as new features are being explored.
• Maintain and create design system ''themes'' for Viacom's suite of brands.
• Routinely make improvements to the categorization and use of icons, elements and components, making them as easy to deploy as possible.
• In partnership with the Director of Platform Services, help educate and onboard designers, product managers, engineers to the purpose and use of the design system.
• Help keep version releases of the design system documented, organized and communicated.
• Be able to systematically troubleshoot and solve design system bugs.
• As new features are explored, evaluate whether existing elements and/or components can be used, or new assets need to be created.
• Help maintain the system's documentation and guidelines.
• Stay on top of new tools and methodologies as design systems evolve within the world of product design.
• Conduct QA sessions when new designs are delivered to engineers for development to ensure the design system is accurately represented.
• As new system versions are released, strategize with lead engineers the most efficient rollout timeline(s).
• Occasionally help with feature design work if an overwhelming number of deliverables are needed under a firm deadline.
• Stay extremely detail oriented during sprint cycles, precision is critical to a successful design system.
• 5-8 years of proven experience in the field
• A ''developer-leaning'' designer mentality
• Portfolio demonstrating exceptional UX/UI design work; with a focus on design system thinking and execution.
• In depth knowledge of web and native platforms
• Next-level Figma skills (especially auto-layout mastery)
• Applicants must provide a link to a portfolio.