Summer Video Engineering Intern
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 3/19/2021 5:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Video Engineering Intern jobs in Remote-US
Search all Summer Video Engineering Intern postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Video Engineering Intern? We are responsible for encoding our video streams at the best quality possible, no matter what the content, viewing device or network condition. You will get to work on our video encoding platform and scaling it further to cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP. Additionally, you will also be getting an opportunity to work on our encoding web tool used by publishers on a daily basis for managing encoding jobs and creating various reports. We are seeking a video software intern who will help drive our system's evolution.
• Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve video encoding platforms.
• Investigate and troubleshoot video encoding issues.
• Field questions and requests from site publishers regarding video encoding.
• Applying programming and algorithms knowledge to improve system workflows.
• Participate and learn about the CI/CD platform and it's integration with services.
• Work closely with the QA coordinator to facilitate testing across a variety of devices.
• Optimizing video encoding cloud Infrastructure on AWS/GCP.
• Work on integrating video encoding platforms with multi-DRM and right management systems.
• Work on the latest next-gen video codecs.
• Upgrade Video Encoding User Interface Tool.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design.
You might also have -
• Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards
• Experience with container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (DASH/HLS).
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
FUNCTION: Interns This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.