Sr Video Operations Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 3/1/2021 1:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr Video Operations Engineer jobs in Remote-US
Search all Sr Video Operations Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Video Operations Engineer? We need a talented engineer who has experience in both digital streaming technology and the broadcast space. You will play a key role that ensures our premium live events start up as scheduled and are viewed on a range of devices, from connected TVs to mobile phones.
• Review event booking details to ensure we are receiving the expected video sources
• Do a health check of our overall operation platform, ensuring all systems are green but ready to act immediately if any indicator slips into red
• Start up our encoders. We have different workflows and use Elemental Live boxes in each case.
• Check in with the rest of the Operations team to see if trouble is brewing on any element in our stack. Be ready to troubleshoot.
• Take satisfaction monitoring real-time dashboards while events are live, and seeing our audience numbers climb because you helped us get an event off the ground without incident.
• We need engineering support to help manage UEFA soccer, including Champions League and Europa League games that start in October.
• Help manage the daily operation of hundreds of college athletic events.
• Provide support for testing and operations of workflows that will be used for the Super Bowl.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Understanding of video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, DASH, etc.
• Working knowledge of content delivery networks
• Expertise with compression, encoding, decoding, streaming, analytics
• Previous experience with video processing services such as AWS Elemental MediaConvert/MediaLive, BitMovin, Zencoder, Encoding.com
• Experience working with mainstream open-source video libraries and modern video codecs
• Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
• Expertise with Elemental Live encoders
• Must be willing to work weekends
You might also have -
• Experience working in ''live'' environments, where success depends on quick, accurate technical decisions
• Experience solving problems in tight product deadlines
• Sports fan who understands and wants to serve the viewing needs of other sports fans
FUNCTION: Software Engineering This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.