Sr. Project Manager
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
This role will focus on working with Product, Engineering, and Technical leadership to facilitate the execution and adoption of services, solutions and products. This entails independently leading the complex, business critical activities that may involve collaboration with a variety of large teams.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in events management and deep experience with leading cross-functional teams and vendors to support Web/App delivery in conjunction with digital livestream. The ideal candidate will handle multiple high-profile events projects in a high pressure environment. They will identify key partners and help define the project objectives, drive deliveries of set landmarks using both Agile and other project management approaches. Finally, they must be able to take an active senior leadership role in the team, identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, and work across the organization to implement projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, track, and lead the success of the events portfolio and its respective projects.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects/events/tasks.
• Influence without authority and are skilled at communicating across various workstreams
• Lead, own and facilitate meetings with clear next steps.
• Kickstart/own events operations and maintain documentation.
• Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success.
• Facilitate the creation of a well-defined Project Backlog or Project Plan.
• Handle Sprint and Release planning or development cycle.
• Assure that all project members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
• Work with offshore development teams to tightly integrate them into their project work streams.
• Ensure project resources are applied appropriately
• Pull together upfront estimates of time and resource utilization.
• Facilitate change control and risk mitigation.
• Analyze risk and mitigation accordingly, including establishing contingency plans and initiating corrective action.
• Track and report key project metrics.
• Keep all partners informed of status and issues.
• Be a great partner with the Product Team.
• Arbitrate and resolve conflict within the project.
• Coordinate participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects.
• Promulgate department-wide project and management processes.
• Learn, understand, and actively use project management software to effectively manage project deliverables.
• Help define and establish workflows (be proactive / self-starter)
• Deal with quickly changing priorities and timelines
• Needs to be comfortable to constantly prioritize based on changing timelines, hard due dates and business priorities.
• Work with 3rd party vendors
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently manage larger and more critical/complex projects.
• Use advanced problem solving skills to identify process gaps and introduce new approaches and solutions.
• Serve as a point of escalation for project-related conflicts.
• Smoothly sift through ''noise'' and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results.
• Demonstrate advanced project management skills to identify process gaps and introduce innovative approaches that increase predictability and quality.
• Participate in planning with Portfolio management.
• May manage and mentor other Project Managers.
• May conduct performance and salary reviews, assist with career planning.
• At least 7 years experience managing projects, 4 in a senior position.
• Ability to lead and motivate people to encourage performance and teamwork.
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to a chosen project and facilitate resolution of technical issues as they arise.
• Agile certification and/or PMP certification highly valued.
• Very strong leadership and presentation skills.
• Superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
• Management experience is a plus
• Agile or Lean methodologies and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches.
• Managing projects within a media company and/or in an online business environment.
• Managing projects that involve content management, cataloging, transformation, and/or scheduling systems
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product, and QA teams.
• Driving (Quality Assurance) QA and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) cycles
• Management of offshore project teams.
• Supervising and mentoring staff and contractors.
• Budgeting and financial tracking in an enterprise environment.
• Strategic PMO planning and execution.
• Management experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.