Sr Music Programmer
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS?Australia & New Zealand?is?a division of?ViacomCBS?International Networks – which in turn is a division of?ViacomCBS.?ViacomCBS?is a global media and entertainment?organisation?with some of the best known and loved brands in the world, employing 1,500 employees in A/NZ and?15,000 globally.?We deliver content that is premium and differentiated to the young and young at heart in the way they want it via an enhanced viewing ecosystem.??
We create content that gets people talking. What's more, you'll find all those great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Peach, 10 Shake?and 10 Bold), subscription channels (MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central), our digital platform 10 Play and subscription video on demand service Paramount .
Here's?just a few reasons why 92% of our employees?will?recommend ViacomCBS to a friend:?
• Broadcast Media?is one of the most sought-after industries, even more so in the current economic climate?
• Global Reach, the only Australian free-to-air network that offers global collaboration & opportunities
• Competitive salary super & salary sacrifice options?
• Additional Leave options
• Parental Leave?(14 weeks paid leave to parents who have been with the business for 12 months)??
• Learning & Development?(including study support, our Propel Program and LinkedIn Learning access)??
• Career Opportunities?(mentoring programs and robust internal promotion policies)
• Reward & Recognition?Programs?
• Subscriptions to Paramount , MTV Play & Noggin
• Discounts from the likes of Apple, LG, Microsoft, JB-HIFI, BMW, Audi and Mazda
• Tickets including Australia's A League, or maybe you'd enjoy being in the audience to watch your favourite shows?
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Action Plan and RAP?(Reconciliation Action Plan) Australian leader in D,E&I across the commercial media industry?
• Top 100?Global?Workplaces?with?The?Best D&I Initiatives (Mogul, 2021)?
• Health?(corporate rates with gyms, health clubs, aquatic centres, HCF & Weight Watchers)??
• Mental Health?(EAP, also?including Thrive and Headspace apps)??
• Remote/Flexible working arrangements - ?
• Social Events?(in 2022 at this rate!)
We are looking for a maternity cover for our Senior Music Programmer. Someone with a broad knowledge of musical genres, a strong understanding of the music ecosystem, and a good sense of communities and behaviours in relation to music and pop-culture. Someone to identify and curate first rate music playlist experiences across our music channels and demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics.
Based in Sydney, and starting on November 15th 2021, the role of Senior Music Programmer reports to the Music and Programming Manger and will also partner closely with the wider Programming and Music teams, both locally and Internationally.
More specifically, you'll be doing things like this:
• Shaping MTV's music offering in generating imaginative and compelling music programming schedules, being quick to implement schedule changes for relevant news and emerging trends.
• Developing and executing MTV's music strategy through an understanding of and passion for music, and pop-culture – both locally and internationally.
• Being responsible for day-to-day music programming of ANZ MTV music channels – delivering daily logs on time, and channel grids in conjunction with contractual lead-times, while maintaining and managing the music databases.
• Working closely with Music Programming Manager and music industry contacts to develop and implement new ways to promote artists, including commercial partnerships, interviews, live shows, digital media opportunities and more.
• Awareness of and adherence to music video broadcast regulatory codes, ensuring all restrictions on scheduled content are rigorously respected.
• Monitoring ratings performance, media, and competitor environment to create strategies for continued ratings successes across all music channels.
What are we looking for? What's essential?
• Background in music programming, television broadcast, music journalism, or relevant content programming experience across Australia and/or New Zealand.
• Passion for and knowledge of a broad array of musical genres, eras, pop-culture and cultural trends with a focus on the Australian and New Zealand markets.
• Team spirit, excellent work ethic, friendly with a can-do attitude.
• Have a good network in local media and music industries.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, and organisational skills.
• The ability to work independently, and with a diverse range of functions and team members both locally and internationally.
• Proactive problem-solving skills and a very strong attention to detail.
• Comfortable working under pressure and working to strict deadlines.
• Music and/or content scheduling software experience preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of television ratings measurements a plus.
Closing date for applications is Sunday Oct 3, 2021.
Our company values inform our thoughts, words, and actions:?
• Optimism & Determination?
• Inclusivity & Collaboration?
• Agility & Adaptability?
At ViacomCBS, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day!
We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.