Sr Mgr, Production Finance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager Production Finance for the MTV Entertainment Group is a integral position that assists in financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and performance tracking activities for MTVE's portfolio of Development and Series Productions that could include unscripted, animation, scripted and/or topical. Responsibilities include partnering with Programming Finance, Production Management, and various other internal departments across ViacomCBS with regards to finance policies and accounting overview for all production and network analysis!
Ii. principal responsibilities:
• Responsible for being the main point of contact for all union signatories & non-union payroll processes
• Support Productions with the setup and user access to production payroll, associated technology and assist with escalated issue resolution.
• Correspond with external Payroll Services vendors, inclusive of paymasters and support team to accurately process payroll timely.
• Oversee and process various payroll to incude onboarding hires, processing starts, review and submission of timecards, the final review of payroll edits (coding and assessed fringe) based on data received from Payroll Company.
• Preparation and submission of all payroll includes, but not limited to, Contractual Obligations, Executive Producers, Writers, and Talent.
Production Finance Management
• Management of day-to-day finances and relationships for bicoastal development projects, internal series productions and 3rd Party produced productions across MTV Entertainment Group. This is inclusive of managing production accounting staff on internal productions.
• Manage production accounting and analysis of scripted/unscripted development and productions. Partner with production in the creation/review of production budgets, conduct ongoing cost reporting meetings with production to analyze the current status of potential opportunities and risk and communicate key findings to stakeholders
• Manage, track, and process funding as confirmed by Production Management.
• Create and accurately forecast Production Cash Flows
• Identify and analyze the cause of change between monthly forecasts through ongoing meetings with production teams; communicate risks and opportunities, ensure that all data is properly loaded and reported through various financial systems. Partner with senior teams on findings and manage information to relevant client groups.
• Coordinate with internal finance teams to reflect timely EFC updates and long range plan information.
• Review and analyze contracts.in conjunction with Production Execs and Legal Affairs.
• Touchpoint for 3rd party production finance counterparts regarding funding cash flows, budget, residuals, license fees, agency/package fees, and all relevant production finance materials.
• Recommend to series line producers and production management on performance measures, strategic planning around production schedules, and financial control procedures.
• Partner with ViacomCBS Tax, Controllers Group, MTVE Production Management to ensure production tax credits are accurately calculated, recognized and completed. This includes prepping, submitting and tracking of tax docs and financial backup and recoupment.
• Manage ad hoc requests regarding development and series production matters, internal/external audit requests, payment details as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree required, focus on Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred
• Minimum 8 years in financial analysis, production accounting and/or previous experience in corporate accounting/finance
• Comprehension and experience with production accounting software (PSL, Global Vista, Smart Accounting).
• Working knowledge of production cycles and related unions and guilds; experience with animation, ½ hr. and 1. hr. scripted series high budget and topical preferred.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
• Self-starter with proactive approach to role
• Appreciates detail but has the ability to see the bigger picture.
• Adhere to confidential nature of highly sensitive material
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to role.
• Helps create an inclusive environment that welcomes diverse views and can challenge the status quo.
• Contribute to a culture of people development and learning
• Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
• Forge partnerships with producers, production accountants and studio executives.
• Is inquisitive, organized and can prioritize multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
• Works well under pressure and completes deliverables on a timely basis.
• Experience with SAP and Longview Solutions a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.