Sr. Manager, Streaming & Video Operations
This was removed by the employer on 6/11/2022 6:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Streaming & Video Operations jobs in Burbank-US
Search all Sr. Manager, Streaming & Video Operations postings
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industryâ€™s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS / Paramount . Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
We are seeking an experienced individual in the field of video playback and platform integrations to join our team. The role requires someone who is hardworking and knowledgeable about digital video to lead all aspects of a wide range of video related initiatives, with focus on video playback and performance, content protection, and platform integrations. Our ideal candidate presents good technical skills and is a problem solver with an enthusiasm for developing solutions and processes to address complex problems! Does this sound like you?
This position can be fully remote.
• Support development related to video workflow integrations for websites, OTT, Mobile, Smart TV, and Game Console applications
• Support development related to video player integrations for websites, OTT, Mobile, Smart TV, and Game Console applications
• Represent video team as a streaming video DRM specialist across many development teams
• Monitor, diagnose and address video streaming related issues in a global LIVE and SVOD service
• Compile statistics and reporting around video usage across mobile and OTT services and use that information to help improve video playback performance
• Manage technical details of video distribution and infrastructure, including integration into ViacomCBS websites, OTT, Mobile, Smart TV, and Game Console applications
• Work independently to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously.
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Exposure with content localization - metadata, audio, subtitles etc.
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative with a sharp eye for detail.
• Strong knowledge of streaming video DRM(Fairplay, PlayReady, Widevine), video formats, encoding and delivery methods.
• Experience with troubleshooting and resolving problems on website, OTT, Mobile, Smart TV, and Game Console devices related to Live and VOD video streaming
• Familiarity with website, OTT, Mobile, Smart TV, and Game Console devices video capabilities and managing video for mobile networks
• Solid technical skills with expertise in working with XML and JSON
• Experience with resolving REST API based mobile/OTT applications issues
• Bi-lingual in either Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish or Danish
• BA / BS Degree
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.