Sr Manager, Global Video Catalogue Operations
Full Time Job
Firstly, who is?10 ViacomCBS??
10 ViacomCBS?Australia & New Zealand?is?a division of?ViacomCBS?International Networks – which in turn is a division of?ViacomCBS.?ViacomCBS?is a global media and entertainment?organisation?with some of the best known and loved brands in the world, employing 1,500 employees in A/NZ and?15,000 globally.?We deliver content that is premium and differentiated to the young and young at heart in the way they want it via an enhanced viewing ecosystem.??
We create content that gets people talking. What's more, you'll find all those great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Peach, 10 Shake?and 10 Bold), subscription channels (MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central), our digital platform 10 Play and subscription video on demand service Paramount .?
Next, what is the Brand/Division Overview:
We are the Video Operations and Streaming team, responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access / Paramount . Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day!
Here's?just a few reasons why 92% of our employees?will?recommend 10 ViacomCBS to a friend:?
• Broadcast Media?is one of the most sought-after industries, even more so in the current economic climate?
• Global Reach, the only Australian free-to-air network that offers global collaboration & opportunities
• Additional Leave options
• Parental Leave?(14 weeks paid leave to parents who have been with the business for 12 months)??
• Learning & Development?(including study support, our Propel Program and LinkedIn Learning access)??
• Career Opportunities?(mentoring programs and robust internal promotion policies)
• Reward & Recognition?Programs?
• Subscriptions to Paramount , MTV Play & Noggin
• Discounts from the likes of Apple, LG, Microsoft, JB-HIFI, BMW, Audi and Mazda
• Tickets including Australia's A League, or maybe you'd enjoy being in the audience to watch your favourite shows?
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Action Plan and RAP?(Reconciliation Action Plan) Australian leader in D,E&I across the commercial media industry?
• Top 100?Global?Workplaces?with?The?Best D&I Initiatives (Mogul, 2021)?
• Health?(corporate rates with gyms, health clubs, aquatic centres, HCF & Weight Watchers)??
• Mental Health?(EAP, also?including Thrive and Headspace apps)??
• Remote/Flexible working arrangements - ?
We are seeking an experienced operations manager to join our team. The role requires someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital video to lead all aspects of a wide range of video related initiatives, with focus on content protection systems integrations and migrations. Our ideal candidate presents good technical skills and is a problem solver with an enthusiasm for developing solutions and processes to address complex problems.
More specifically, you'll be doing things like this:
• Manage video catalog initiatives in coordination with global content teams
• Monitor and address video streaming related issues in a global SVOD service
• Represent video team in product and operational meetings
• Work with project management to track progress towards catalogue launches
• Manage content QC process from ingest to publication
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
What are we looking for? What's essential??
• Experience with content localization - metadata, audio, subtitles etc.
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative with a sharp eye for detail
• Experience with and strong knowledge of streaming video DRM (Fairplay, PlayReady, Widevine), video formats, encoding and delivery methods.
• Familiarity with mobile device video capabilities and managing video for mobile networks
• Solid technical skills with expertise in working with XML and JSON
• Experience with resolving REST API based mobile/OTT applications issues
• Ability to operate independently, balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
Our company values inform our thoughts, words, and actions:?
• Optimism & Determination?
• Inclusivity & Collaboration?
• Agility & Adaptability?
At 10 ViacomCBS, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day! We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.