Sr. Manager, Corporate Tax
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a Manager/Sr Manager to join our Corporate Tax team located in NYC. This key role will serve as the right-hand to the Director, Tax Accounting and Compliance, Corporate Division.
Primary responsibilities will include hands-on oversight of Federal tax compliance (Partnerships and Trust tax returns, as well as Corporate), tasks and projects supporting ASC-740 related reporting, as well as the review of state unitary returns. The Tax Manager/Senior Manager will stay on top of current tax laws and industry specific matters. The candidate should have strong analytical skills and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Lead federal compliance process and filings (1120s, 1065s, 1041s, 990s)
• Assist in coordinating the tax calendar to ensure timely filings and payments
• Monitor and analyze tax sensitive accounts and hands-on participation in calculations supporting tax impact and reporting of proposed/actual Company transactions
• Assist in the oversight of income tax accounting and quarter end provision/forecasting processes to achieve desired results
• Lead first line review of book-tax adjustment work papers supporting both quarterly federal estimates and quarterly forecasts related to ASC 740 interim calculations.
• Collaborate routinely across all areas of Finance as well as other practices within the department, I.e., Corporate Reporting, Business Unit Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, International Tax Practice, etc.
• Maintain deferred tax inventories, reconciliations and tax basis analyses
• Research tax matters and interpret tax rules as well as monitor tax law changes
• Assist the Director in oversight of special tax projects
• Support integration and alignment efforts of legacy CBS and Viacom Corporate divisions with an eye toward driving continuous operational improvement
• 8 years of Public Accounting, with at least 5 years in the tax subject area, or 7 or more years Corporate Tax experience within large multi-national environments
• CPA/Masters Degree in Tax required
• Media Entertainment experience strongly preferred
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required
• Proficiency with Corptax Software and SAP ledger system
• Significant experience in the preparation and review of US federal and state income tax returns, and strong knowledge of Federal and State income tax rules