Sr Manager, Compensation
ViacomCBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Compensation will manage the implementation and administration of ViacomCBS's compensation strategies to align with business objectives! This role provides recommendations to client groups on various pay decisions, policy interpretation, and appropriate job leveling across the organization through a data-driven approach. This position will report to the SVP, Total Rewards.
• Establish positive relationships with HR and business teams to understand the business and their needs & perspective.
• Provide data driven recommendations for assigned client groups, including:
• Determining job leveling, appropriate salary ranges, and variable pay targets for open jobs, adjustments and promotions as well as make compensation recommendations.
• Provide consultation to HR business partners in the development of competitive salary offers, retention of key talent, and career development plans
• Conduct internal equity analysis to address pay discrepancies by business unit, job family or any other classification
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and calculations and generate reports in support of the client groups' needs
• Partner with Finance and payroll teams to monitor accruals if required
• Implement enterprise programs and cross-Compensation projects for assigned client groups, including:
• Annual merit planning, Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP), and Long-Term Incentive Program (LTIP)
• Annual salary survey submission process
• Design tools, guidelines, templates and communication materials, to train employees, managers, and executives on pay programs and process efficiencies.
• Be up-to-date on market compensation, changes in laws and regulations, and research latest trends.
• May be required to assist other members of the Compensation team, including
• Development of tools for smooth annual/quarterly budget processes in partnership with Finance teams for base pay, incentives, and related plans.
• Global compensation projects.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in broad based Compensation
• WorldAtWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
• Compensation experience preferably in the media and entertainment industry
• Experience with HRIS tool interfaces and implementation is preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills - Advanced Excel skills, Proficient in Word and PowerPoint
Success in this role requires
• Ability to conduct research, synthesize information and data, and apply to the business needs.
• Present and communicate with HRBPs and business leaders, building relationships
• Strong attention to detail including ability to anticipate data-related questions
• Team player with ability to ''flex'' to different styles and ability to work collaboratively with peers
• Self-starter capable of juggling project deadlines together with day-to-day requirements, while maintaining work product excellence and high levels of customer service
• Ability to handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and address sensitive situations in a constructive manner
border: 1px solid transparent;
border: 1px dashed #000a3c !important;
outline: none !important;
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.