Sr. Director Production Ops
ViacomCBSWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 5:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Sr. Director Production Ops jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Sr. Director Production Ops postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Director Production Ops? We are currently looking for a Senior Director, Production Operations, who will lead our efforts in building a highly reliable, scalable streaming TV product. In particular, this person will work on reporting and monitoring, support reliability and build ITIL standards, and responding to issues in a 24/7 environment; triaging emerging issues and planning for the future. This position will lead a team of Engineers and Analysts, and calls for both hands on technical skills and strong communication skills.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering Operations.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Own data and platform monitoring and alerting
• Own site reliability standards, priorities and roadmap
• Inspire and lead a distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers, Software Engineers and Analysts
• Lead incident management and communication
• Groom reliability risks including scaling and capacity planning
• Triage and respond to critical customer issues
• Work closely with the engineering team to create standards around vital production operations needs
• Have provided leadership and support DevOps and Agile oriented organizations with focus on fast pace delivery of new services and features.
• Understanding of ITIL principles and experience implementing ITSM standard practices.
• This role requires an IT Operations mentality within a 24x7 environment and regular weekend activities to supervise and handle time-sensitive Changes.
• Strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with engineering, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related
• 15 years of Professional Experience, 5 being in a Director or above level
• Must have 10 years of experience leading large-scale data center and customer-facing, revenue generating SaaS operations organizations.
• AWS hosting experience
• Experienced in calm leadership responding to incidents and associated communication
• Experience with large-scale data-centric high availability cloud architecture
• Experience leading and working with a globally distributed engineering team.
• Strong preference towards candidates who have supported streaming or traditional TV services This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.