Sr. Analyst FP&A
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr. Analyst FP&A, Emerging Business
Overview and Responsibilities
What we're looking for: A forward-thinking individual who is enthusiastic to learn all aspects of Kids & Family Emerging Lines of Business! The ideal candidate will have a desire to manage large data sets, build processes, learn financial planning, identify business insights and reporting of K&F Emerging Businesses.
The Kids and Family Sr. Analyst, FP&A is key to the growth of the Emerging Business Finance team and the team's ability to improve the reporting and analysis for high growth Emerging Lines of Business including: Direct to Consumer, Live Events, Touring, Recreation, Games and Audio & Records. We are looking for someone who will be responsible for assisting in the management of transactional data, consolidation, reporting and analysis of the P&L.
The Sr. Analyst will work directly with the Sr. Director and Manager to support Kids & Family Emerging Business reporting that will enable informed business decisions with the aim of driving profitability and growth.
The Sr. Analyst, FP&A will work closely with accounting teams to ensure all transactions within the Emerging Lines of Business are recorded accurately in monthly accounting closes.
The Sr. Analyst, FP&A will also support preparation of P&L's for quarterly and annual budgets/forecast reporting.
As a key member of ViacomCBS FP&A team, the K&F Sr. Analyst, FP&A Emerging Businesses will play a key role in the ongoing management of Kids & Family Emerging business operations by being close to the management of the data that will allow Finance and Business partners to make informed decisions and develop standard methodologies.
• Partner with K&F Emerging Business teams on month end close processes for accurate and timely reporting of the Emerging Business P&L forecasts covering DTC, Touring, Live Events, Recreation, Games and Audio & Records.
• Support preparation of month end and quarterly reporting packages covering Revenue and Expense components
• Support the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools for emerging and evolving businesses
• Maintain Longview planning units (profit centers, cost centers, project codes) to ensure the most efficient reporting from the financial system. Embrace change and tailor reporting for any go forward changes to the VCBS financial planning system.
• Ensure reporting and all FP&A outputs are produced accurately and consistent with the deadlines established by ViacomCBS Corporate Finance.
• Find opportunities to improve the efficiency of existing processes and propose improvements
• Prepare and maintain process documentation
• Ad Hoc reporting and analysis
• 2-4 years of experience in business planning or finance
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred• Strong technical skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP and Longview is a plus• Excellent written and verbal communication skills• Ability to work cross functionally, managing many partners and building solid relationships among key finance and business partners• Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style• Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure• Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion in a fast-paced environment• General interest in media industry, willing to draw on industry news/best practices