Sports VOD Manager, Video Operations
ViacomCBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a hands-on Sports VOD Manager to manage a robust and growing portfolio of Sports related VOD content. This role will be dedicated to managing the daily VOD processing, publishing and packaging of schedules for the ViacomCBS portfolio such as UEFA (Men's, Women's, Youth), National Women's Soccer League, World Series of Poker. The Manager will be responsible for managing a staff of VOD Video Operators, trafficking files and assets from live streaming events, internal partners (e.g. CBS Sports HQ) and external vendors. Must schedule resources for ingesting, formatting, publishing, and preparing packages for SVOD services. The manager must be able to work Wednesday through Sunday to cover the majority of the weekly events
• Provide hands-on leadership by communicating/setting job expectations to VOD Operator staff
• Planning, monitoring, measuring & enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and SLAs
• Absorb remaining processes that are transitioned from the previous shifts, including identifying at-risk assets for delivery and/or reprioritizing work orders
• Liaise with internal partners to identify expectations for VOD asset deliverables
• Maintain VOD requirements and SLAs for each league (e.g. advertising, , sponsorship requirements, promotional elements.), and ensure successful implementation and execution to production and publishing teams
• Lead efforts on planning and training as needed for Video Operator staff
• Act as primary escalation contact for technical support; facilitating VOD corrections, resolving priority conflicts, VOD encoding/transcoding and publishing issues when they arise!
• Collaborate with cross-functional technical partners to develop and improve distribution workflows to drive efficiencies both internally and for external partners
• Identify and/or validate continuous improvement opportunities
• Participate in the management of key ViacomCBS tentpole events such as GRAMMYs, ACM Awards, and Tony Awards that require advanced team planning and day-of event support!
• Contribute to executive projects and ad hoc requests
• Partner with News and Sports divisions for cross-promotional marketing across our digital properties
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent training & experience in Production or Operations.
• Previous experience in leading a team is preferred or a minimum of 5 years direct project management experience in digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times
• Must be able to adjust schedule due to key s sports and live events
• Proven leadership and mentorship skills - excellent communication and problem solving skills, can motivate and lead by example, provides direction, meaningful feedback, addresses questions promptly,
• Experience translating technical requirements and specifications into measurable steps for you and the team
• The ability to lead multiple projects and partners at once, and be nimble to meet the changing needs and priorities