CBS NewsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Conceive, implement and edit sports segments. Looking for a creative and detailed-oriented producer with a strong knowledge and passion for Chicago sports.
- Prepare, coordinate, and edit material for daily sportscasts.
- Develop enterprising story ideas and segments.
- Work under deadline demands to build compelling sports segments and collaborate with executive producer and sports anchor/reporters.
- Proficient non-linear editing skills and sports scripting writing.
- Field produce, as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to add to station strategies.
- Manage and log televised sports events and interviews.
- Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Innovative, organized, and ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Line producing skills.
- Experience with non-linear editing. Edius edit system knowledge, a plus.
- Experience with non-linear shooting, a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of Chicago-area sports and history.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Three years of experience as TV sports producer and editor, preferably in top 20 market
- Bachelor's degree in journalist or similar field.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and irregular hours.