Specialist,Broadcast / Streaming
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities
• Support all facets of Operations as well as Supervisors and Managers.
• Level 1/Level 2 Monitoring and restoration of 350 ViacomCBS linear Broadcast Channels and DTC/OTT streams for the following: Showtime, CBS Sports Network, MTV, BET, Nickelodeon, Paramount , PlutoTV and more.
• Monitoring includes but is not limited to: on-premise and cloud-based playout systems, audio & video levels, channel distribution paths, via CDN, DTC/OTT and Satellite.
• L1 monitoring and escalation of ancillary systems; cloud, networking, facilities systems, uplink etc.
• Review exception-based monitoring tools to flag potential scheduling issues, missing content, missing graphics prior to air as well as day part timings.
• Monitoring of our various branding initiatives (social/interactive) as scheduled by the networks.
• Interact with a large amount of exception-based monitoring systems/tools (i.e. Dataminer, Solarwinds, New Relic, Orion, Weather Tap, Service Now, Slack, Status Page, Send Word Now) to detect problems and respond appropriately.
• Monitoring of syndication feeds to ViacomCBS affiliates.
• Provide operational support during our Live/Tent Pole and streaming events for Showtime Boxing, Bellator, VMA's, KCA's EMA's, BET Awards, CMT Awards
• QC various Multiplatform streams/devices to ensure ViacomCBS digital properties are operational as well as QA testing of our software and platforms.
• Complete daily Operational checklists.
• Assist Supervisors with the management of major incidents.
• Partner with peers at Disaster Recovery facility to maintain Business Continuity operations.
• Participate in scheduled training modules to maintain channel procedures and operational guidelines.
• Aide in creation of Standard Operating Procedures
• Assist with High Profile process and attend meetings as necessary.
• Assist in training and mentoring of staff.
• At least 1-3 years working in the broadcast, telecommunications, or IT fields.
• College degree and/or AWS certifications preferred.
• Knowledge of IP or AWS cloud-based technologies.
• Knowledge of various monitoring systems and tools.
• Experience with on premise and cloud-based video playout systems
• Experience with CDN (content delivery networks).
• Knowledge of audio/video measurement equipment as well as various video/audio formats, such as NTSC/PAL, PCM and AC3.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.