Specialist, Media Operations
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Media Services Specialist is responsible for the ingesting, archiving, and technical quality control of digital files and incoming video feeds for ViacomCBS properties such as Showtime, MTV, Comedy Central, Smithsonian etc., to be used for Broadcast/linear playout as well as VOD and delivery to our Digital partners.
• Ingest, transcoding, and archive of digital files.
• Recognize and diagnose video and audio issues encountered during the quality control process.
• Recording and quality control of live feeds for both Broadcast air/re airs
• Basic editing and rendering of digital files for mezzanine use
• Follow up on missing media assets needed for Broadcast with various supply chain teams
• Escalate issues to proper support/tech teams impacting Media Systems
• Assist Supervisors/Managers with special projects as needed
• ColorFront recording and basic editing
• Knowledge of Venice
• Knowledge of Evertz Mediator platform
• AWS processing, storage and playout
• Evertz Mediator system