Senior Front-End UX / UI Developer
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/10/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Senior Front-End UX / UI Developer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Front-End UX / UI Developer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Front-End UX / UI Developer?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Applied Machine Learning Group at ViacomCBS is seeking a Web/UI Designer to join our distributed team! As a member of our team, you will develop web applications with an eye toward code extensibility and UI best practices for design and maintainability, leveraging open source libraries and frameworks as appropriate. You will be instrumental in the creation and development of new and ongoing web applications and tools that allow our internal customers to interact with our services including: video streaming products, data analysis, content search, recommendations, and more. Does this sound like you?
As a Web/UI Designer on the Applied Machine Learning Group, you'll have an impactful role in the design and development of web applications, tools, and APIs for AI/ML products that support streaming services and content services across ViacomCBS!
Location is open for remote work.
• Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate and create your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
• Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry's standards.
• Take initiative in the area of UI design, implementation, and coding.
• Write code that is optimized for performance and maintainability. Pursue simplicity, efficiency, and reliability.
• Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead.
• Be a great team player, experienced working with fast-paced teams.
• Ability to collaborate closely with product managers and engineers.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 4 years of experience and proven track record
• Strong portfolio to be presented before and during the interview.
• Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, reusable components, etc.
• Experience using design tools such as Photoshop, Figma, or other design tools.
• Creative ideas with a problem solving mindset.
You might also have -
• Knowledge of database schema design best practices and ORM experience.
• Development experience in one of the major Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
• Experience designing solutions within container orchestration systems.
• Solid knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores in Google Cloud Platform like CloudSQL and BigQuery.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Graphic Design or equivalent work experience.
• Strong interest in data presentation and search interfaces in the ML/AI space.
• Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on a task and collaborating with others to get things done.