Senior Marketing Manager, Retention Marketing
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
We are searching for a Senior Marketing Manager with experience working with mobile and email channels (push notifications, in-app messages, SMS). This role will manage the planning and execution of retention programs across our mobile channels and also support additional organic channels (e.g. onsite/in product placements) for the CBS All Access (soon to be Paramount ) marketing team. We're looking for someone who is passionate about media, has strong analytical skills, and is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position is charged with executing new strategies to drive engagement with our current subscriber base and lower churn. Occasionally this role will support the acquisition and win-back campaigns in these channels. To achieve the above goals, this position will work closely with cross-functional teams within ViacomCBS Digital.
• Deliver and work cross-functionally with the Creative and Marketing Operations teams on multi-touch, retention campaigns across email, push notifications, site, app, social, and other paid placements.
• Create, execute, and continually optimize the retention team testing plan for all organic channels (email, mobile, onsite assets, etc).
• Own all reporting of the marketing efforts across organic channels to seize opportunities for new strategies or overall program optimizations.
• Create, prepare and maintain marketing calendars for all organic channels
• Develop a cadence for planning and regularly sharing updates on channel overall performance, to manage up key learnings & initiatives in a clear and compelling way
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize and draw conclusions from diverse data sources.
• Work with the Operations team to analyzes campaign performance metrics and optimizes engagement metrics across all organic channels
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 5-7 years direct response and digital marketing experience in a B2C environment, including multi-variate testing, multi-channel direct messaging, and post-campaign analysis.
• Deep analytical knowledge and experience reporting on campaigns, gleaning business insights, and doing data-based optimization.
• Minimum of 5 years managing retention programs for a consumer subscription product.
• Minimum 5 years of digital marketing experience, particularly email and digital marketing.
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities, particularly in customer segmentation and modeling
• Strong understanding and experience with AB/MVT testing
• Self-motivated and results-oriented with high regard for attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• MBA a Plus.
• Subscription marketing experience preferred