Senior Manager, Strategic Development
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
MTV Entertainment Group (MEG) is seeking a Senior Manager of Strategic Development. The candidate will support the VP of Strategic Development and work closely with MEG's Development, Production and Talent Executives to help maximize partnerships and deal-structures alongside Business and Legal Affairs (BALA) across all content and talent for the MEG-suite of brands.
Primary duties will include:
• Manage some of the deal requests for 3rd Party Production Companies, Talent, Producer and Partnership Agreements across the MEG for unscripted, scripted, animation and E&Y Movies/limited Series content (MTV, MTVS, VH1, CMT, LOGO, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Smithsonian Channel, TV Land, MTV Documentaries, MTV News).
• Work directly with executives/senior leadership across MEG from VPs, SVPs, EVPs, and Presidents (within MEG Group) to fulfill applicable brand related requests, ranging from deals for production companies and on-air talent to above-the-line talent (i.e., executive producers, consultants, writers, directors).
• Gather and internally present research on VCBS precedence with production companies, producers, directors, talent etc. to best inform business decisions for MEG development and production.
• Work daily with MEG's BALA to optimize deal procedures to improve efficiency for all MEG brands/channels.
• Assist Finance in ensuring payments remain consistent with contractual obligations for MEG agreements (production services, network talent, executive producer, development producers, consultant agreements, etc.)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience (preferably at a major network/studio or OTT/streaming service, but including at a law firm and/or in a business and/or legal affairs department and/or business strategy at a network, with meaningful, demonstrable TV deal-making experience.
• Undergraduate degree from a 4-year college/university.
• Demonstrable business affairs/negotiating experience with media company.
• Knowledge of entertainment transactions and day-to-day business challenges faced by scripted and unscripted television productions.
• Attention to detail and managing a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
• Great communication skills and the ability to proactively collaborate with key internal and external partners, provide guidance, and make strategic recommendations in deal-making.
• Proactive approach to building relationships with television agents, entertainment lawyers and other entertainment professionals.
• A cooperative, team-focused approach.