Senior Manager- Product Analytics
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
Do you fancy getting involved in a start up environment within one of the world most successful brands? Or, play a keep part in the release and development of 3 major product launches? If so, this role is for you
What will you be doing?
We are building a new team providing a specific focus on growing and improving UK streaming services. ViacomCBS are one of the biggest spenders on content in the world, and with an ever more growing digital world improving and bolstering our streaming service is pivotal to our mission statement and continued success.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented Analyst with hands on experience scaling D2C media/tech brands through insightful and meaningful data.
As Senior Manager, Product Analytics – UK Streaming you will own the product analytics function for UK streaming business, conducting analysis and developing recommendations for product development decisions and improvements for My5, Pluto and MTV Play .You will make data-based recommendations for features that focus on driving consumption and business results. You will be instrumental in creating a test and learn culture to unlock value and drive continuous improvement within the customer experience. To be successful in this role you should be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building taking established products and innovating and iterating at pace.
• Build and operate a methodology for assessing stalled users/user cohorts e.g. those who have not watched a video in the last 30 days, and suggest options for re-engaging them with the service
• Build a system for tracking how users are accessing our UK streaming products – mobile phone, smart TV, STB - and develop insights and recommendations for how to incentivise users to bigger screens
• With Streaming product management team lead the design and implementation of feature A/B testing and functionality-focused usage metrics - i.e. usage of watch lists functionality, usage of social media sharing functionality
• Provide analysis and insights supporting overall UK streaming business(es) with a focus on key product metrics for VCNI UK's streaming products such as engagement and retention analysis, and churn analysis, including building out a product-diagnostics framework for churn
• Take ownership of customer churn metrics and build a deep understanding of the drivers of those metrics
• Identify key product performance metrics, business questions and reporting needs
• Build and disseminate reports and analysis in a regular fashion (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual and ad hoc) and develops new reporting templates and datasets to support shifting business needs
• Maintain Adobe analytics / other systems / tools to ensure measurable and reliable data, and flawless operations
• Perform data validation/reconciliation, data profiling, data auditing and data cleansing activities in a hands-on way to ensure high quality deliverables
• Keep up to date with the latest industry trends, technical developments and techniques
• Communicate effectively, translate data to stories to support and simplify decision-making processes
• Work with internal or external partners to process, coordinate, and connect various data sources
• Provide thought leadership around standardization of data collection from multiple sources, as well as API-based data collection methods
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion!
What are we looking for?
What skills do you need
• Experience in Identifying and reducing churn – Customer drop off within a similar environment
• Strong data manipulation skills and experience, comfortable running complex queries and creating new views on the data
• Familiarity with data ingestion, ETL processes and workflows on cloud infrastructure
• A/B Testing experience
• Experience working with distribution partners and on-boarding new distribution partners
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations
• Experience working with digital content and data visualisation software such as Tableau
• A solid understanding of statistical methods and how to apply them in real life situations
• Experience or an understanding of Adobe Analytics
• SQL Programming language
• R/Python open-source programming language
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to make decisions and work autonomously
• Team player and collaborative
• Strong organisational, multitasking and attention to details
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!