Senior Manager, Global Sourcing
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2021 8:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Manager, Global Sourcing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Manager, Global Sourcing postings
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities:
Our Global Sourcing Team is looking for a Senior Manager, Energy and Environmental Social Governance! Responsibilities include project management, contract negotiation, leading of competitive bidding processes and supplier management in support of enterprise-wide needs. Spend categories may include Energy, Utilities, Environmental Initiatives, and Sustainability.
The Senior Manager is responsible for development and execution of project management events related to cost savings and process improvement, excellent internal customer service, and execution to goals.
The Senior Manager work across all ViacomCBS Divisions, interacting regularly with executives at both the Corporate and Divisional level. This position provides an opportunity to work on several projects in both traditional and non-traditional spend categories. The Senior Manager will also:
• Lead development and execution of spend category project management strategies to drive cost savings and efficiencies.
• Lead all utilities sourcing and ensure alignment with Green Energy goals.
• Work with VCBS ESG group and Global Sourcing leadership to develop corporate wide ESG goals, then work with Global Sourcing teams to develop supplier strategies and execution plans to ensure achievement of those goals.
• Work with Global Sourcing leadership to build Global Sourcing roadmap for ESG and represent the Global Sourcing function on ESG related matters across the organization.
• Proactively find opportunities to adjust processes and spending patterns for efficiencies and cost savings, engage the appropriate points of contact in the process.
• Lead cross-functional teams in performing competitive events (RFPs, auctions, etc.) in support of category strategies.
• Use e-Business tools, such as spend analysis, supplier intelligence, bid/auction event management and others in support of spend category management strategies.
• Develops resource plans to ensure appropriate resources throughout each project.
• Handle detailed negotiations and relationships with suppliers, in collaboration with Division management, legal and stakeholders.
• Recommend new sourcing strategies, process improvements and supplier relationship structures for the enterprise.
• Develop and execute implementation plans for support of programs with new suppliers.
• Run ongoing quality improvement, including score carding of suppliers, ongoing reviews with internal Corporate and Division customers, and staying abreast of market trends, and supplier intelligence.
• Ongoing communication with ViacomCBS Executive Management regarding project status.
• Drive standardization of purchasing standard methodologies, processes and procedures.
• Contribute to enterprise commitment to diversity and sustainability through consideration of these key areas during supplier selection and negotiation, as well as in ongoing supplier relationships.
• Bachelor's degree required; business or operational background preferred; MBA a plus.
• Minimum 6 years' experience and proven proficiency managing major spend categories in a large scale environment.
• Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem solving capabilities
• Superior knowledge of the entire sourcing process within large, six to seven-figure budgets and spend management systems
• Skilled with technology based systems including spend analytics and eProcurement tools
• Track record of contributing to evolution of supply chain processes, and/or continuous improvement of strategic sourcing and category management programs
• Ability to develop detailed work breakdown structures
• Proven negotiation and contract management skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Solid understanding of business and legal terms & conditions
• Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma methodology experience a plus
• Talent for building cross-functional relationships and teams
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Experience in multiple business sectors/spend categories
• Frequently discuss and negotiate with outside vendors, as well as serve as liaison and ViacomCBS representative between various ViacomCBS departments and vendors.
• Often requires tact and ability to influence or persuade others.
• Moderately-complex work. Work within established ViacomCBS purchasing policy. Exercise good judgment in interacting with internal customers and external suppliers.