Senior Manager, Digital Design
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Senior Manager, Design is not only responsible for creating high quality design deliverables, but also will manage a team of digital, graphic and production designers. They will mentor subordinates, continually providing clear feedback and art direction. This person will report to the Senior Director of Design.
This person should have expertise in digital and graphic design, typography, color correction, photo manipulation and retouching. A deep understanding of graphic and digital design standard methodologies, including UX/UI across web, mobile, connected tv devices and product design is required.
We are looking for someone with exceptional graphic and digital design expertise, organized, flexible in schedule, and inventive, with the ability to not only resolve problems, but also anticipate and proactively avoid them. This person is interested in growing talent and team building to create a productive and collaborative environment. Their hands-on and collaborative spirit will help enable success in this fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Create high quality design deliverables
• Lead and mentor team of digital, graphic and production designers
• Create and track design requests to ensure high quality and timely deliveries
• Collaborate with partners to build effective assets
• Work independently and balance tight deadlines
• Maintain and coordinate design assets and templates across brands and platforms
• Adhere to the in-house and external partner style guides
• Must be proficient in web graphic content design using Adobe Suite CC programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat and non-Adobe Suite programs such as Sketch.
• Must be an expert in image manipulation and color correction. Skilled in masking out people from background images, including masking out complicated hair.
• Must have highly advanced cloning skills with the ability to extend and build backgrounds to existing images which are pixel perfect.
• Skill-set in visual layout, typography, color correction, and photo manipulation.
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital design, animation or equivalent
• 5 years in corporate, agency, in-house, commercial and/or production design environment
• Proven work experience of launching projects from concept through completion
• Expert level skill-set in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Online or PDF portfolio and resume demonstrating experience and knowledge of design tools
• Strong photographic skills, including composition, cropping and maintaining uniformity across a variety of formats
• Familiarity with Sketch, Figma and other UX applications. After Effects and HTML/CSS a bonus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized, self-motivated and resourceful