Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Full Time Job
This role can be based either from London or New York.
The ViacomCBS Corporate Development Group is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, executing and integrating the company's strategic acquisitions, investments and joint ventures. The Senior Manager role will work with team members and senior management throughout ViacomCBS's business units to assess and execute external transaction opportunities and internal business-building opportunities. The Group has a process that governs the organization's M&A activities. Within that framework, the individual is expected to work and make decisions with a fair level of independence. For unresolved issues, the individual is expected to recommend a course of action for discussion. The individual will have the opportunity to develop close working relationships with key leaders at and beyond ViacomCBS, and as such will need to exercise sound judgment and quick thinking.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Work with team members, senior management, business units and outside advisors to identify, assess and in some cases lead potential external transactions, potentially in the form of acquisitions, joint ventures or minority investments
• Interface and on occasion negotiate with outside Business Development, Corporate Development, and/or Investment Bankers as counter-parties
• Assist with and on occasion lead transaction execution, including developing valuation analyses and coordinating due diligence efforts
• Build financial and operating models; develop various financial analyses including discounted cash flow, merger analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analyses and general financial statement analysis
What are we looking for?
• Experience working within investment banking, management consulting, venture capital or private equity firm within a Business Development, Corporate Development, and/or Corporate Strategy role
• Deep financial modeling expertise with a knowledge of accounting, corporate finance and valuation
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong interest in and knowledge of the intersection of Media and Technology
• Excellent research skills and ability to organize, synthesize and present information in written format
• Ability to clearly communicate and present verbally to senior executives
• Ability to work efficiently and on multiple projects at once
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to persuade others, build consensus and work in a team
• Ability to manage processes and teams