Senior Legal Consultant Solicitor
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 3:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Legal Consultant Solicitor jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Legal Consultant Solicitor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Legal Consultant Solicitor?
Full Time Job
Senior Legal Consultant Solicitor, Content Distribution & Commercial
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS ROLE IS A 12 MONTH FTC
Is this the role for you?
The Business and Legal Affairs (''BALA'') team in London are a hugely trusted and well respected team working across all the channel brands in the UK, alongside colleagues in the International BALA community. The team partners with the business to deliver first class business and legal affairs support to an enormous variety of corporate and commercial transactions, discussions and contracts, productions (UK and international), commissions and partnerships.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an experienced commercial media lawyer with expertise in multi-platform distribution, corporate and commercial transactions, broadcast and technology, including ad-sales and ad-tech to join BALA team colleagues focussed on supporting content distribution and commercial priorities for the ViacomCBS group. Ideally you will have worked in an international television or film business and have a solid understanding of the commercial and distribution imperatives of a multi-media business.
This is an extremely exciting time to join the BALA team whilst the ViacomCBS business in the UK continues to build its unrivalled portfolio of consumer content propositions with commercial and PSB broadcasting offers, VOD platforms like My5, Noggin and MTV Play as well as the unique free streaming service, PLUTO. Working within BALA requires a coherent 'oneViacom' approach that encourages close collaboration across the whole organisation.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with significant post-qualification and relevant industry experience, both in-house and in private practice. Candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
• A track record as a commercial and media lawyer working across both broadcast and digital distribution platforms to include carriage agreements, ad sales and sponsorship, with technology expertise highly desirable
• Close working relationships with key stakeholders working to aggressive commercial targets, both internal and external
• An understanding of broadcast regulation in Europe and experience in managing compliance issues
• Exposure to privacy and data protection issues within multi-media
• Excellent drafting skills – able to take instructions on a wide variety of contracts and produce working drafts (both with and without reliance on precedent) to meet business requirements
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to interact with people at all levels of an organisation and present complex legal conclusions concisely
• Ability to deal with a large and varied workload, often under critical time pressure
• A flexible, collaborative team player with energy, drive and resilience
• Accuracy and attention to detail are critical, combined with the ability to see the strategic perspective as well as the imagination to find a creative solution to business issues
• A positive and constructive attitude – able to deal with pressurised situations in a calm and effective 3 manner
• Connections within the industry, knowledge of the market and global media trends
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next