Senior Director, Retail Development Toys, Entertainment, Sporting Goods
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
As a Global Entertainment powerhouse ViacomCBS has identified branded consumer products (VCP) as a strategic growth driver in the accelerating omnichannel retail channel. This role will lead the growth strategy and execution of our Toy, Entertainment and Sporting Goods businesses at Walmart Inc., the worlds largest Toy Store and OmniChannel Retailer.
• Author and define sales strategy to disruptively grow the Toy, Entertainment and Sporting Goods (assigned) categories with Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club. Achieve LRP commitments by brand / property, category, platform, and year.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver on ''One ViacomCBS''; including cross-category retail and retail marketing teams, licensing (LOB) team, franchise, advertising sales and marketing, Paramount and Theatrical Studio teams to develop and drive execution of company priorities at retail.
• Align ViacomCBS priorities and brands with Walmart priorities and initiatives to drive both modular and promotional business at retail.
• Establish ViacomCBS as the leader for Walmart in the rapidly growing Omni channel retail space.
• Partner with key licensing partners and LOB / licensing team on the development of retail specific programs crafted to deliver value, innovation and drive incremental sales.
• Develop positive relationships with merchants and licensing partners to provide regular updates and complete ViacomCBS cross-category business/programs.
• Deliver radical and balanced retail sales growth.
• Partner with licensing team to research and brainstorm Walmart specific promotional and innovative product opportunities within assigned categories.
• Develop internal and industry relationships to proactively bring new business opportunities to the organization.
• Collaborate with softlines and HBA/consumables counterparts to reach team goals/revenue targets.
• Proactively monitor and address changes and opportunities in the retail marketplace through analysis of competitive landscape, industry trends, and market share. Be known for being inquisitive and ahead.
• Partner with consumer insights team to ensure accuracy of reporting by gathering all UPCs for item share.
• Elevate the ViacomCBS brand image in the Northwest Arkansas community through attendance at local philanthropic activities, functions and benefits.
• Travel required for retail and corporate office meetings, meetings with licensees, and tradeshows.
• Bachelors Degree
• 10 years experience in licensing, consumer products, retail development, marketing or related field.
• Encouraging leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who develops innovative solutions within assigned categories.
• Ability to develop strategic plans and annual business plans that align resources to achieve financial goals.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiating and relationship building skills.
• Excellent at planning and managing diverse projects and teams with effective leadership and time management skills.
• Effective working with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
• Ability to take initiative and be resourceful while navigating the organization.
• Self-aware teammate with high energy and a passion for product and retail development.
• Ability to exercise high degree of integrity with strong business ethics.
• Proven track record of results in a fast paced, evolving, matrixed business environment.
• Experience working with Walmart merchants and Walmart Inc's business model.
• Experience working at all levels on both merchandising and marketing departments at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club.
• Existing contacts and relationships with key merchants and licensing partners for assigned areas.
• Proven track record of developing and completing successful modular and promotional business