Senior Director Of Production
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2021 3:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director Of Production jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director Of Production postings
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Tentpoles, Events, Music & Specials Production Group
Tentpoles, Events, Music & Specials (TEMS) is a cross channel group (BET, CMT, MTV/VH-1, Nickelodeon & Paramount ) primarily focused on ''in-house'' or ''internal'' productions. The group has overview of tentpoles, events, music series, video programming series, and specials whether in-house or 3rd party, as well as licensed productions. Examples of in-house productions this group oversees: MTV Movie & TV Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, CMT Music Awards, BET Awards, Black Girls Rock, NAACP Image Awards, Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, CMT Crossroads, CMT Artist of the Year, Unplugged, Paramount Cradle to Stage, Yo! MTV Raps, Behind the Music, and much more. As in-house production, we oversee all aspects of physical production; budgeting, scheduling, vendor negotiations, on-site execution, and ensuring productions are adhering to ViacomCBS standards and policies.
Must have at least 7-10 years of ''hands on, on-site'' production experience and be a self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible and thorough. Excels in a demanding and fast paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking. Ability to supervise teams of production professionals through pre-production, production and post-production. Possess strong leadership skills, exercise educated judgment, show initiative, and be a team player. Must be able to maintain multiple production responsibilities and projects with a focus on organization, attention to detail, while being flexible and capable of prioritizing shifting production and business needs. Must have a thorough knowledge of the television and film industry and possess ability to anticipate production challenges and address in a professional manner. Ensure in-house productions and 3rd party companies are adhering to ViacomCBS standards and policies. Ensure Covid-19 protocols are being communicated, implemented and enforced on each production. Be a continuous promoter and supporter of a multicultural inclusive workplace, transparency and calculated risk taking.
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Works closely with physical production team, internal producers, third party producers and executives to examine the needs of each production.
• Line produce medium to larger scale productions if required, either internal or 3rd party.
• Creates and supervises production budgets for medium to large scale productions and ensures all aspects of production run smoothly.
• Creates and supervises production schedules to ensure all work stays inside budgetary boundaries and time constraints.
• Ensures timely cost reporting to production executives throughout production process until final actual.
• Create roles and responsibilities for each production, based on the specific needs of a particular production.
• Ensures health, safety and testing protocols in regards to Covid-19 are being implemented and enforced on each production.
• Create or ensure Long & Short Forms with all necessary information; crew lists, schedules, site plans, testing protocols, CCO plans, etc. are being sent to VMN Covid- 19 Task Force in a timely manner.
• Hire Covid-19 testing companies and ensure testing plans for each production are being followed.
• Manage individuals and production teams and resources with a particular focus on the development and successful implementation of standards and process. Includes, but is not limited to; team assignments, project timelines, budgets, reporting, working with various department members across multiple groups, vendors, contractors, and outside production companies.
• Hires crew and project-based staff, negotiates rates for key department heads, production personnel, vendors and suppliers as needed.
• Ensures prompt payment to vendors and crew by working closely with production managers, production finance and production accounting.
• Oversees location bookings, and or venue agreements and ensures all necessary permissions, permits and risk assessments have been received.
• Works closely with local government; (police, fire dept., public health) to ensure production is adhering to safety and government guidelines.
• Ensures on-site locations are well maintained for a safe and healthy environment.
• Ensure that insurance, health and safety rules, and union agreements are communicated and implemented.
• Strong partner to Business & Legal Affairs and Finance and to come up with solutions that benefit the bottom line while still satisfying creative needs.
• Supervise the evaluation and analysis of all submitted 3rd party budgets, production plans and cash flows to make sure dollars are is spent wisely to support the creative vision.
• Actively involved in contractual negotiations of key partners.
• Communicate topline issues to production executives (VP/SVP) and creative executives in a timely manner in order to effect change.
• Provide guidance on issues flagged by team and respond directly to issues when necessary.
• Manage assigned staff & project-based Line Producers, Production Managers and Production Coordinators. Have a thorough current ongoing knowledge of all relevant staff competencies.
• Manage relationships both internally and externally for efficient and effective show productions across all departments (Creative production, BALA, Finance, MML, S&P, Tech Ops)
• Stay current of new technologies/formats that impact our shows and budgets.
• Provides support to the VP on financial and workflow analysis including strategizing how to operate more efficiently, streamline workflow, reduce costs, adapt to new policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all production hires have the necessary skills to perform their functions competently (effectively and efficiently) and professionally.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to create clear and effective lines of communication.
• Provide leadership and serve as an example to subordinates of the company's culture and brand.
• Attend technical skill-building and professional development workshops on an annual basis
Implement, maintain, modify and monitor all the relevant production systems and processes to ensure ongoing proactive supply of this service to clients during pre-production, production and post-production phases of a project, including, but not limited to:
• Covid-19 Protocols * Post Production * Talent Logistics * Travel * Staffing * Location Logistics * Crewing * Legal * Technical Mgmt. & Facilities *Insurance & Production Risk * Vendors * Rights and Clearances * Design and Staging *Glamour * Lighting * Production Accounting
• Minimum of 5-7 years ''hands on, on-site'' experience with progress