Senior Director, Consumer Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Director, Consumer Insights- Consumer Products
Overview and Responsibilities
The Consumer Insights Team at ViacomCBS Consumer Products is responsible for developing, synthesizing, and using consumer insights to inform Consumer Products strategy and execution. Key partners include the CP Leadership Team, Franchise Planning, Category (LOB) teams, Domestic Retail Teams and International teams. The CP Consumer Insights team is built on the foundation of an expertise in consumer and shopper behavior, a focus on evolving needs and trends, and an understanding of current and future product opportunities.
The Senior Director will report to the VP Consumer Insights, CP, and support Franchise and Strategy research efforts across the ViacomCBS portfolio. The ideal candidate is an experienced insights professional with a proven track record in crafting consumer understanding that drives the business. The candidate should have superior presentation development skills, particularly in crafting concise and impactful snapshots of research results and recommendations. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a passion for media, entertainment content and the Kids & Family consumer market.
• Manage proprietary research to support an understanding of consumer product opportunities across our current and future/potential franchises
• Develop Path to Purchase analysis across our key categories/LOB’s to understand shopping behavior and guide our future execution
• Regularly track and present key trends across key Lines of Businesses, specifically Toys, Kids Apparel and CPG
• Work closely with the internal Viacom research team to deliver brand health insights, including brand tracking on Awareness and Heartshare/Affinity.
• Partner with Consumer Insights teams across Nickelodeon and other key ViacomCBS brands to identify and share key cohort analysis, with a focus on identifying Property expansion opportunities
• Work with the Analytics team to integrate a consumer perspective into launch recaps
• 8 years of Consumer Insights, Shopper Insights, or Category Management experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong knowledge of qualitative research, particularly in the translation of those insights into meaningful recommendations
• Experience in quantitative research, including survey design and analysis
• Experience in the Toy, Apparel or CPG industry preferred
• Experience working with Retailers is preferred
• Able to turn complex/intricate analyses into clear, easy-to-understand “story-telling” presentation
• Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable candidate to interact with a wide range of personalities/styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
• Self starter, highly proactive, and collaborative
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.