ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Are you a Senior Developer that is a skilled and experienced Full-stack web developer within the digital and media industry? If so, this is a perfect opportunity that is part of a collaborative team charged with creating digital solutions as a part of ViacomCBS’ creative internal agency. The role blends technology, development, production, operations, systems architecture and design, underpinned by business and operations.
Ideal candidates will take products from ideation to reality. The candidate must be fully capable of developing/coding and managing responsive web site builds and various CMS solutions. You will immerse in a variety of digital projects that include: reskinning pre-existing sites, developing digital experiences and products, performing Quality Assurance testing, prioritizing features, spec'ing out requirements, helping envision UX designs and flows, and evaluating vendor technologies.
The Senior Developer will manage, maintain, debug and upgrade any internal sites and products including department website, lobby screens companion website, and other internal and external tools and solutions in order to maintain workflow, efficiency and relevance of content. You will be responsible for maintenance, setup, and recommendations for systems architecture on digital projects. From set-up, launch, and live-site oversight, the developer will be owning server & hosting options with internal MTS resources and external partners. This hands-on developer must have original ideas and demonstrate those ideas through code, and familiar with the creative process.
On the business and planning side, the candidate will work with the Senior Digital Dev Manager and Director of Production Operations to evaluate creative briefs, plan, estimate, manage workflows and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects. In addition, he/she will maintain understanding of all digital projects in flight, establish and maintain standards for communicating status to key partners.
• URL management
• Migrating sites to hosting servers
• Archiving sites
• Owning and leading hosting options with AWS
• WP Engine hosting and maintenance
• Hands-on Sr. Web Developer to support & manage day-to-day execution of projects within a production environment and support the increased need for online/web systems & applications
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot landing pages, tweak code and maintain sites
• Reskin, manage and develop the front-end and back-end of WordPress and websites in general and support bringing to life various digital experiences while partnering and supporting our design team (UX,UI)
• Key Liaison between our department and Tech teams in managing and hosting digital products internally
• Train and educate the department on tech phases, terms, new technologies, and internet trends
• Collaborate closely with design to implement their layouts, give feedback on scope of project, and make recommendations for related website/digital product
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Web Development, Digital Media, Tech experience
• 5 years as a full stack developer or equivalent who has also been involved in the creative process
• Expert Wordpress knowledge. Build, reskin, front-end and back-end maintenance
• Experience with APIs, their functionalities and integration capabilities a plus
• PHP/MySQL wizard; comfortable debugging, writing new functionality and plugins
• Familiarity in PowerPoint and Keynote presentation software
• Understanding the mobile space and any specific development platform knowledge in a plus
• Ability to adapt and willing to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask and keep on top of timelines and launch dates
• UX/UI exposure/knowledge a plus
• Remain calm under pressure with rapidly shifting deadlines and be able to pivot, manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Must be collaborative, productive, positive and enthusiastic
• Solid understanding of QA processes for various browsers, platforms, and devices
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as a team-player and accept creative suggestions openly
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.