ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Senior Designer's primary function is to conceptualize and develop top quality corporate and creative materials for consumers, affiliates, and employees. Projects include a full-range of branding, print and digital designs, including but not limited to ads, brochures, digital newsletters, environmental installations, websites, merchandise, logos and brand looks.
This position works directly with the VP, Design, and Art Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
• Develop innovative graphic design that positions our company and brands in the most effective way possible.
• Work within, and simultaneously push forward the Viacom graphic identity
• Ideate and brainstorm concepts that reflect strategic business goals
• Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
• Effectively present work to clients
• Push projects forward with Minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously when needed
• Hire and oversee top quality illustrators, photographers and various vendors to meet the excellent standards set by Viacom.
• Develop efficient work under tight deadlines and tight budgets.
• 5 years design experience at a top studio or in-house department are necessary.
• BFA in Design or Communication Arts
• Proficient on Macintosh with Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
• Knowledge of photographers and illustrators
• Knowledge of print and digital production
• Ability to think creatively within strategic direction
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to produce under pressure
• Has good organizational skills