Senior Designer, Global Retail and Events
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As the Sr Designer of Global Retail and Events for Viacom/CBS Consumer Products you will be responsible for executing, expanding, and upholding the established creative direction, and developing the graphic language for all VCBS retail and Consumer Product specific trade events statements and presentations worldwide.
You will rely heavily on your expert knowledge of design and marketing trends to direct creative professionals and outsourced freelance designers to create asset collections including: Style Guides, Retail Program logos, pitch materials, digital/social media based marketing assets, Event Trade Kits, Presentations, collateral and all other materials required to create best in class retailer specific and Trade Event design initiatives.
This position requires expert level hands on design and presentation skills as well as an understanding of the Consumer Products industry as it pertains to retail marketing design, retailer and event specific aesthetics and trends, printing techniques along with a solid business comprehension.
• Develop, establish, and maintain a properties presence at retail throughout its CP lifecycle.
• Create compelling and on brand retail and CP Event statements that scale globally and reflect/enhance a properties design sensibility.
• Create and direct style guides for Global use.
• Partner with Content creators, Retail Marketing, Business teams, and Global Design team to ensure all design is properly reflecting the tone and aesthetics of the source material.
• Establish and maintain a consistent cadence of asset sharing across the Global design team to ensure a single consistent design aesthetic is established and maintained.
• Research global and domestic competitive markets to identify new and upcoming retail and experiential trends and stay up to date on technologies within each.
• Properly communicate a projects design POV to internal, and external partners including CP and Studio executives, retailers, and licensees.
• Build a strong partnership with our Strategy, Franchise, and Business counterparts to assure company alignment.
• Seek out freelancers and design agencies compatible with the ViacomCBS aesthetic, hire, train and manage these design partners efficiently.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• This is a hands-on design position
• Design research of the global retail landscape, and individual retailer's creative needs.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Keynote and Powerpoint.
• The ability to clearly and concisely present the design sensibility and business rationale behind the assets produced to a variety of partners, executives, talent and content creators
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to prioritize, be flexible, and work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
• 3 – 5 years of experience (Agency, Retail and/or Events