Senior Counsel, Privacy
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/20/2021 5:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Privacy jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Counsel, Privacy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Counsel, Privacy? ViacomCBS is seeking an experienced and creative privacy lawyer to assist with a broad range of privacy, information security and privacy compliance initiatives. The role involves advising internal clients on the various legal risks, obligations, and other privacy compliance issues. The Senior Counsel, Privacy will play a key role in the team that envisions, designs, develops and implements a pragmatic data privacy and data protection program. The position requires an innovative, forward-thinking and results-oriented lawyer with a passion to resolve complex problems in a creative and pragmatic way and to translate laws and regulations into impactful policies and procedures that enable business objectives.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
• Monitor US privacy developments and ViacomCBS adherence to privacy controls and compliance requirements for business units that collect and process data collected in US.
• Provide strategic and pragmatic legal advice to the US ViacomCBS business team in relation to data collected and processed in the US.
• Document and implement controls in compliance with US privacy regulations in coordination with other key members of the Privacy Group and the legal department.
• Develop and disseminate policies, conduct training and awareness activities, and provide guidance to ViacomCBS entities and digital properties that collect and process US consumer data.
• Work with EU Privacy Lead to ensure data transfers to US are in alinement with cross-border data transfer requirements
• Provide guidance to the ViacomCBS legal team regarding privacy contractual requirements for US contracts.
Law degree (JD) with excellent academic credentials and US Bar Certification.
A minimum 6 years' experience as an attorney at a major law firm and/or in-house company.
At least 3 years' legal privacy experience and knowledge of global privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA and COPPA.
IAPP Certifications CIPP/US, other IAPP certification a plus.
Strong experience with US data breach laws and incident response.
Experience advising on cyber risk, IT and compliance issues.
Experience with privacy laws and regulations relative to marketing and advertising, including online behavioral advertising.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and collaborate with various teams and divisions.
Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a collegial, fast-paced team.
FUNCTION: Legal This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.