Senior Counsel, Employment Law
ViacomCBSLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/22/2021 12:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Employment Law jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Counsel, Employment Law postings
Full Time Job
We're seeking a motivated, conscientious Senior Counsel, Employment Law to join the global employment function of the ViacomCBS Law Department. In this role, you will support a wide range of business clients while focusing on employment advice and litigation, employee training, and internal investigations.
• Serve as a key legal advisor on employment law, employee relations matters, and policy interpretation.
• Provide legal, strategic and business advice and support to the Law Department and Human Resources Department on day-to-day employee relations matters and compliance, including: recruiting, hiring, and compensation; employee discipline, performance management, terminations, and restructurings; anti-discrimination, harassment prevention, and non-retaliation; federal and state wage-hour compliance; leaves of absence and workplace accommodations; and internal investigations of potential violations of Company policy;
• Evaluate and communicate legal risks associated with complaints, grievances, charges, and other legal matters.
• Handle pre-litigation claims, settlement negotiations and mediations, and federal and state litigation, including management of outside counsel where support is needed.
• Defend and represent the Company in matters before federal and state agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), New York Human Rights Commission, NLRB, EEOC, DOL, and others.
• Work to minimize legal exposure by proactively reviewing existing practices, forms, contracts, and policies regarding employment matters, while considering business objectives and practicalities.
• Draft policies, procedures, and agreements (e.g., offer letters, confidentiality agreements, separation agreements, settlement agreements, and employment agreements), and prepare legal documents, memoranda, and other forms of communication regarding transactional or legal advice.
• Develop training materials and provide training on employment law issues and employment-related policies and practices to Human Resources professionals and other employees.
• Provide legal counsel to executives and senior/ middle management on changes in the law and complex legal issues that may have a significant impact on Company facilities and operations.
• JD from an accredited law school and strong academic credentials
• At least 5 years of experience as an employment attorney including law firm experience and/or in house experience
• Must be members of the California or New York Bar Association
• Broad and deep employment law knowledge including familiarity with litigation; ability to readily advise on the wide variety of employment law issues that arise in a complex, global corporate environment
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and evaluate their broader implications for the business; interact with clients at all levels; provide timely, practical, legal advice and solutions; and communicate effectively in person and in writing
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and take ownership of issues and matters to their successful conclusion
• Exemplary leadership and organization skills, including program and project management, prioritization, and time management
• Preference to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability and willingness to develop expertise in other topics to meet the needs of a dynamic business and Law Department
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
• In-house experience strongly preferred
• Experience managing outside counsel and legal budgets preferred