Senior Coordinator, Creative Music Strategy
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities
Do you love metadata? How about making sure information is perfectly entered into rock solid columns and rows to build beautiful spreadsheets? If you're a data junkie who is a systems specialist, living for music admin, and love being a part of the business side of the industry, please read on!
We are seeking a proactive, tech-savvy, hardworking, and hyper-organized individual to join our ViacomCBS Creative Music Strategy team. This operations-leaning role will directly report to the West Coast Vice President and assist with global music publishing administration, licensing out Viacom-owned music, revenue tracking and reporting, commercial music distribution and consumer products music strategy across the umbrella of ViacomCBS cable network brands like MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and more.
We're looking for someone who is dynamic, eager to learn, brings suggestions and solutions to the table, understands the importance of minuscule details and how they apply to the larger picture, and does the above and more in a vibrant and forward-thinking environment. This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing music department inside a major media company where you'll be at the center of how composers, broadcasters, publishers, and PRO's work together to generate music revenue.
include but are not limited to:
• Receive, vet and process ViacomCBS composer deliverables including metadata, publishing information, physical files, and talent contracts/agreements
• Sustain a regular publishing and administrative registrations workflow with both internal and external partners for all brands' originally composed music
• Maintain multiple tracking reports and advise status of metadata delivery to department partners
• Assist team in researching rights and tracking/executing licensing out opportunities for the ViacomCBS Consumer Products Division and third-party sync requests
• Gather physical files, label copy, and artwork to assist in commercial releases and soundtrack partnerships
• Collate various project data points to help populate a growing internal archive
• Support the team in tracking revenue from multiple income sources across the business
• Contribute to department-specific quarterly status reports on licensed music highlights,
music performance metrics, and noteworthy industry-wide events
• Assist with additional music operations projects as needed
• 3 years' experience at a music publishing company, entertainment company, television network, production company, or music production studio, preferably in the music, data management, business affairs, rights & clearances, or licensing departments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
• Ability to accurately analyze contract and license agreements
• General understanding of the legal issues that affect music rights
• Must be able to communicate company requirements to internal and external partners effectively and persuasively
• Ability to recognize when to seek advice from supervisor
• Ability to learn new processes and data input methods as necessary
• Working knowledge of Airtable software a huge plus