Senior Analyst, Tax Reporting and Compliance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
SENIOR TAX ANALYST, TAX REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
The position will require that the individual supports the Viacom Media Networks (VMN) Business Unit Leader as the primary liaison between the VMN business / financial reporting teams and the ViacomCBS tax team. The position will be responsible for understanding the VMN accounting and reporting systems as well as knowing how to operate them for purposes of gathering and analyzing the data to compute the quarterly / annual tax provisions and tax returns. The position will assist with the review of legal entity accounting and will interact with VMN controllers to ensure timely submission of tax-related information. The position will also be required to assist with special tax projects initiated by ViacomCBS tax, such as tax basis balance sheet analyses, accounting method reviews, and other tax planning opportunities.
• Preparation of all federal income tax requirements on an actual and forecasted basis. This includes mining and analyzing the VMN general ledgers and subsequently computing all book/tax differences for the quarterly and annual tax provisions, as well as the federal VMN proforma and sub consolidation tax returns, and related estimates.
• Provide the background and insight into transactions, including assisting the VMN team in properly recording the transaction on the applicable legal entities and communicating effectively with the tax group about the applicable financial accounting implications
• Provide support to maintain tax basis balance sheet analyses, assist with building interfaces between financial reporting systems to tax reporting systems as applicable, and other special tax projects as requested by ViacomCBS tax
• Assist with tax accounting method changes, including background of how specific revenue and expense items are recorded for financial accounting purposes, as well as providing assistance with rolling forward new tax accounting methods that may be elected
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 2 years of public/private tax accounting and/or tax compliance experience
• Operational and/or consolidation accounting knowledge
• Must have excellent intrapersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Must be comfortable to communicate via email, telephone and in person.
• Must be process-oriented. Problem solver, self-starter and ''finisher'', highly organized and deadline conscious. Must be able to handle significant transaction volume and diversity of assignments and projects.
• Must be a nimble individual; able to handle and manage change in a proactive way
• Must have the ability to work well in groups via a collaboration method
• Accountable personality who takes ownership for tasks/processes that the person is responsible for
• Must have exceptional computer skills and have used accounting systems in the past
• Master's in Taxation / CPA or parts passed a plus
• Entertainment/media industry experience a plus
• Some ''Big 4'' experience is preferred
• Use of Corptax Tax Compliance Software a plus