Senior Analyst- Global Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2021 1:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Analyst- Global Insights jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Analyst- Global Insights postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Analyst- Global Insights?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
ViacomCBS Global Insights is responsible for developing a deep understanding of audiences, then disseminating those findings within the company and beyond. Through research and insights initiatives, we support all corporate and cross-brand ViacomCBS teams. We collaborate with insights teams around the organization to champion findings and coordinate results, contributing to ViacomCBS' vast audience expertise!
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, the Senior Analyst will primarily support ongoing management and execution of key show and viewer tracking studies. Additionally, this role will help support ad-hoc research needs of various internal teams.
• Assisting in the management of all aspects of existing show and viewer tracking study (vendor communication, change management, link checking, QC of client-facing dashboard).
• Utilize data analysis tools (e.g. Q Research Software) to help deliver on custom requests from internal stakeholders that cannot be fulfilled using current apps.
• Keeping a close eye on the entire media landscape and show premieres to ensure all relevant ViacomCBS and competitive shows are being tracked in the survey.
• Over time, become the resident specialist on data outputs for show and viewer tracking studies and help to train others on how to best leverage this data and utilize the custom-built applications to pull data on their own. Also assist with troubleshooting when any issues arise and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
• Support team with administrative tasks e.g. booking meeting rooms, checking calendars, raising purchase orders, preparing research materials.
• Collaborate with and provide additional support to the wider team where required (e.g. team initiatives or other ad-hoc projects).
• 1-2 years primary research experience, preferably in the media field.
• Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. SPSS, Q, or other comparable tools)
• Experience with handling day-to-day operations for longitudinal research a plus
• Extensive knowledge of the current media landscape a plus.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Must be comfortable working with and deriving insights from numbers
• Ability to recognize patterns and themes when analyzing data and other research.
• Strong critical thinking skills and a sense of curiosity.
• Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships.
• Ability to prioritize and efficiently perform tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Highly organized, responsive, and flexible with ability to work well under pressure.
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Possesses the ability to be diplomatic with cultural sensitivity, as well as a tolerance for ambiguity and change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong overall computer skills – specifically presentation software.
The ideal candidate is an Insights professional with some experience and a knowledge of, and passion for turning insights into action and influencing business decisions. The position requires a superior attention to detail as well as the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers. A passion for the entertainment industry is a must.