Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Research and Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The ViacomCBS Ad Sales Research & Insights team is a division of the larger sales organization that is charged with using research to facilitate the consumer connection between Viacom’s varied audiences (across platforms) by providing expertise and insights across consumer segments and categories. ASR specializes in thought leadership, qual/quant analysis, data sets, forecasting/estimates and performance metrics that help clients further their knowledge of targets through engagement and ad effectiveness.
The Senior Analyst will support the cross platform research needs of the overall Ad Sales org marketing efforts through the lens of VIACOM’S KIDS BRANDS (NICK, NICK JR., TEENNICK, NICKTOONS), and its aligning category verticals (Retail, Toy, CPG, Studio, etc).
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be open to gaining expertise in and becoming a key contributor for enhanced sales offerings such as branded content value metrics, targeted campaign effectiveness, and Live Events/Experiential OTG brand lift and ROI metrics analysis. This position will support teams in multiple regions (NY Chicago), and will specialize in data analysis/visualization, insights, culture and trends across key consumer categories on behalf of sales.
• Utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to create thoughtful and innovative audience analyses in order to best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace
• Create custom analyses such as duplication, audience reach, reallocation as well as individual show performance reports across platforms
• Assist in tracking ad effectiveness, brand perception, recognition, recall, sales lift and more for cross platform and targeted Vantage campaigns for various advertisers
• Key contributor to various Branded content ROI and impact studies
• Focused efforts on analysis of On the Ground/Live Event engagement metrics
• Handle recurring channel performance reports and competitive analyses for key clients
• Be a story finder and a story teller, developing innovative and insightful initiatives that competitively position and distinguish Viacom in the marketplace
• Utilize creative data visualization techniques to showcase research stories in a fresh and thought provoking way for key internal clients
• Keep on top of Industry trends and key consumer insights, with emphasis on key categories tied to kids family verticals (retail, CPG, Toys, etc).
• Support Director/Managers on additional key research projects and initiatives across the Viacom portfolio.
• 2 years’ experience in media or consumer research. Experience in kids and family space desired.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with estimates a distinct plus
• Knowledge of media metrics/math and measurement methodologies required
• Proficiency in Nielsen systems and measurements (Nielsen TV Toolbox, Star Media, Lake 5), Spend Metrics Analysis (Kantar, SMI), Attention metrics (iSpot), as well as digital social experience (Omniture, Comscore, @Plan,etc)
• Experience utilizing wide variety of syndicated resources and tools (MRI, YouGov, Ypulse, Emarketer)
• Interest and awareness in various aspects of kids programming, culture, and trends
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to work in very fast-paced environment and multitask
• Related college degree preferred
• Experience with R or Python a plus
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.