ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 9:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Program Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Program Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Program Manager? You will be working with the Product Management, Engineering, and Technical leadership teams to facilitate the execution and adoption of services, solutions and products across the business. This entails independently leading the complex, business critical activities that may involve integrating the work of large teams!
You will provide strategic and tactical mentorship to teams and Scrum Masters in ways that promote partnership and coordination amid important priorities. You will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution of value delivery
• Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
• Identify and handle risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
• Handle dependencies within and across programs
• Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management and various fields across the enterprise
• Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums (where applicable)
• Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
• Assist in fine-tuning process for cross-team communication, coordination of integration between systems, and related governance
• Manage projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure achievement adherence and integrity of the delivery
• Ability to lead multiple initiatives concurrently
• Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
• Frequently get along with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
• Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration, playing a crucial role in working with end users and business partners
• Maintain relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
• Facilitate efforts in larger and more complex programs and operational activities that involve combining work of multiple large teams
• Independently run activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
• Mentor other Program Managers, Project Managers, and Scrum Masters (seen as having authoritative expertise and educating accordingly)
• Easily sift through ''noise'' and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results
• Scan external environment for standard methodologies and collaborate with team(s) to implement where applicable
• Use advanced project management skills to identify process gaps and introduce innovative ways that increase predictability and quality
• Solid understanding of domain related technologies, processes, etc.
• Chip in to defining the goals for the ViacomCBS Digital Platform and Program Management departments
• 10 years of experience in program/project management in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
• Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Superb written and verbal communications, presentation abilities, and meeting facilitation skills
• Experienced JIRA user, able to run complex queries, plan and execute reports, oversee general JIRA governance and best practices.
• Certified Scrum Master certification, along with other Agile and traditional certifications (like CSPO, PMP) highly preferred
• Experience working in a media technology environment
• Experience working with teams that handle complex code integration among many teams
• Digital and linear media technologies including: video delivery, ad delivery, user authentication, content management systems, mobile applications, web sites, and how they integrate with existing technologies
• Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
• Experience working with and handling cross functional resources and vendors
• Experience producing advanced reports in Excel and other reporting tools
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.
#LI-AD1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.