Product Manager, Publishing Platforms - CBS News
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS News is offering a unique opportunity for a motivated product manager to help build products that will power the streaming newsroom of the future and deliver best-in-class next-gen news experiences across current and emerging digital platforms. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment and bring a passion for creating and evolving the systems that power all products that make CBS News and CBSN the premier digital destination for news. Additionally, you will drive our competitive advantages by building and leading the best-in-class tools for editorial and marketing teams. The Product Manager of Publishing Platforms position will report to the VP of CBS News Digital Product and actively collaborate with both of the Senior Product Managers in charge of two core publishing systems in use by CBS News web, app and CTV products and CBSN, the 24/7 live news stream. You will help grow and maintain the roadmap for mission-critical systems that will drive core KPIs, editorial efficiencies, revenue opportunities and high-quality end user experiences.
• Support the day-to-day roadmap of an innovative cloud-based live video publishing platform
• Document and execute against the roadmap for CBS News CMS including new features and system updates
• Support other publishing systems including push notifications and email newsletters
• Collaborate with internal developers, designers, editorial staff and external partners to conceive, implement and manage product features
• Develop documentation, use cases, workflows, wireframes, design requirements, product requirements, and other materials as needed to support design and development with strong focus on elegant, user-centric approaches to complex functionality
• Balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
• Make data-driven observations and product decisions
• Immerse yourself in customer needs, competitive landscape, and the business
• Responsible for supporting roadmaps of new product launches and evolving features across mobile, connected and emerging platforms including, but not limited to:
• Web content management systems
• Broadcast television to digital systems integrations
• Email newsletters
• Push notifications
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum of 3 years conceptualizing, building and managing innovative new digital products
• A strong interest in news and emerging technologies
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data to drive business performance
• Experience writing detailed Product Requirement Documents including tracking specs
• Ability to operate independently and decisively, work well under pressure and balance multiple tasks simultaneously (should have extensive experience releasing multiple products at once) in a fast, round-the-clock, results-oriented environment.
• Ability to multi-task, pivot, and change focus when necessary
• Energetic self-starter with a positive ''can-do'' attitude
• Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills
• Strong organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and (written and verbal) communication skills
You might also have -
• Expertise with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
• Experience with XML, JSON, Web Services, video formats and protocols for VOD and live streaming
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA
• Experience with messaging platforms, ESP and CRM systems
• Engineering or development background a plus