Product Manager, Media Platforms
ViacomCBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Product Manager will be responsible for owning the features, roadmaps, plans and sustainability for ViacomCBS Media Platforms Operations workloads. Work with various internal and external partners, including senior managers and department managers to understand the overall business strategy and product requirements as well as prioritize and communicate those requirements to all development teams (internal and/or external). The role will work to ensure successful translation of requirements into high-quality software applications, taking full responsibility for the development, user experience, timelines and ongoing improvements. The successful candidate will be required to prioritize tradeoffs, elucidate & validate requirements, and write user stories throughout the development lifecycle.
Reporting to the Director of Product based in London, the Product Manager will Work with key business partners, including senior leadership, engineering teams and support teams to define, develop, craft and refine requirements to align with the overall the business strategy and goals, the successful candidate will produce product reports; equipment testing reports, and to advise clients on available resources and technologies as requested by the department manager.
• Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories by working with others to understand use cases, features, business and technical domain goals
• Build and maintain feature backlogs
• Build and maintain short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and generate internal agreement with key colleagues.
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating requirements and acceptance criteria
• Periodically (quarterly) review the product/applications with partners to ensure all features meets standards.
• Work with technology teams to continuously improve product ownership and development cycles via Agile methodology.
• Track goals against OKR objectives and determine agreed metrics to measure their efficiency after release
• Monitor metrics and report on progress to partners
• Perform product demos as needed and evangelize across other teams as needed
• Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed applications with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, costs, knowledge- based articles, internal training materials, etc.
• Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate changes in available technologies and applications
• Annually audit existing applications/workflows to ensure continual optimization
• Handling, documenting and presenting proof of concepts around emerging technology as it applies to video content streaming.
• Flexibility to travel either to industry events or international ViacomCBS locations as required by the business
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
You have -
• Excellent understanding of the entire content workflow and a familiarity of media production hardware and software systems is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of client and server operating systems, networking, and corporate information systems infrastructure is desirable.
• 4 years of working across departments to evangelize and continuously align teams with an overall technology strategy
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience of working to an Agile project management framework and associated tools
• Experience writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced environment
• Experience interacting/collaborating with enterprise IT support teams (compute, network, storage) to resolve issues
• Experience in a customer-service oriented environment, processing user requests and collaborating with engineering teams to provide new solutions
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry relating to one or more of the following areas: metadata management, digital video and audio, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, and international localization
• Experience deploying software or systems in a cloud environment like AWS, Google or Azure.
• Good knowledge of media file standards, content supply chain workflows, video standards and networking topography
• Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and resolve urgent issues
• Experience operating effectively as part of a project team and in handling own project work
• Experience working in a distributed global technology environment is a plus
• Self-motivated, standout colleague who is results-oriented
• High command of verbal and written communication with strong reporting skills
• Ability to rapidly adapt to changes in technology solutions and business requirements
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
• Budget management experience
• Knowledge of different video & audio codecs such as AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), AV1, ProRes, MPEG-2, PCM, AAC or AC-3.
• Understanding of containers such as MOV, MXF, MPEG-2 Transport Stream
• Comprehension of the frame rates and resolutions that are used with 4K, UHD, HD, SD for NTSC, PAL or FILM.
• Understanding of OTT standards such as HLS, DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and CMAF.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred