Product Manager - Data
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Advertising is being reinvented through big data, audience segmentation tools, digital platforms and formats as well as new consumer consumption patterns across linear, digital and mobile! ViacomCBS is forefront of this reinvention of advertising, with a broad range of products and programs crafted to connect with ViacomCBS's fans in whatever environments and on whatever platforms are most important to them. The ViacomCBS Advanced Media team is purpose built to support development of innovative solutions serving both internal and external clients with solutions ranging from client facing reporting tech, to in-house identity management solutions to data onboarding technologies and more.
The Product Manager is responsible for coordination of product planning, implementation, and execution specifically focused on in house identity management and the surrounding technology. This includes but is not limited to: capturing and prioritizing partner requirements and working closely with the VP of Product and EVP of advanced media to ensure organizational goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the technology in place supports and is set up to meet the company's overall strategy and goals. The Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing data governance and aligning with privacy teams to ensure capabilities are interoperable within a select suite of tools VCBS uses to manage consumer identity and privacy; working closely with a cross functional set of teams to ensure data inputs and output functional within our tech solutions. The role will have a specific focus on identity management/resolution.
Overview and Responsibilities
• Conducting stakeholder interviews and testing
• Translating business-to-technical requirements, and vice versa
• Defining and tracking success metrics
• Relationship management with internal stakeholders
• Determining feature requirements.
• Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they're successful achieved
• Build product strategy and marketing documents that describe technological capabilities
• Collaborate closely with a diverse set of teams across the organization to ensure data fidelity, data privacy and data governance are all properly in place.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• 5 years' product management experience in the advertising technology space or equivalent experience using and leveraging advertising technologies with a focus on data management solutions
• Experience in advertising technology's, specifically data management platform and customer data platforms
• Proficiency in the technical fundamentals of advertising & marketing systems
• Understanding of advertising and identity ecosystem
• A track record of partnering across a wide array of internal business groups and executive stakeholders
• Comfort with meeting and presenting to executives and clients
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Passion for problem-solving and the ability to find answers to difficult questions