Product Development Design Manager
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2021 4:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Product Development Design Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Product Development Design Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Product Development Design Manager? Hardlines & Toys Product Development Design Manager
What is the role
The Product Development Design Manager position sits within the Global Creative Group within Viacom CBS Consumer Products team. Working within the EMEA ANZ Product Development team the Hardlines product development designers, lead the EMEA ANZ product approvals for Toys, Games & Puzzles, Consumer Electronics, Food, Health and Beauty, this role will focus on the day to day management of product approvals and provide creative support to our external partners, licensees and agents.
• Day to day line management of Hardlines product development designers within the EMEA ANZ Product Development team. Identify and implement development and training needs, run the objective setting and review process and effectively advise on required resource aligned to creative & business strategies.
• Maintain the smooth running of the PD approval process within the Hardlines team. On a continual basis implement and review process to identify where improvements in process and communication can be made.
• Ensure all creative product development within the team is in line with brand strategies at the local territory level and the day to day management of product approvals from concept to production for EMEA Hardlines licensees & agents aligns to team creative & franchise strategy. Returning all completed comments to all external partners within a specified time frame on Tracker . Ensuring all requested changes have been implemented and the finished quality of the product is of a high standard.
• Lead the product development process for key regional & international licensees and partners within the Hardlines categories. Initiate and deliver creative development meetings with specific partners to discuss the brands, assets available, submissions process, creative and innovative product ideas. Work through existing ranges, & discuss sales figures to achieve a better business understanding between the Creative Team and the partner to ensure future comments are as appropriate as possible.
• Collaborate with Creative Directors & managers to provide design direction, creative support and feedback to licensees and agents across applicable projects to ensure brand values and product quality are maintained.
• The Hardlines PD Design Manager and team are partners and participants within 'virtual' Global Toy team meetings to give visibility of key local development in HL category plus ensure local and global conversations across the Toy category are aligned & shared.
• Develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal and external partners and attend key licensee meetings to deliver robust feedback to the leadership team.
• Initiate and lead and supply to the delivery of research, development and execution of original creative projects as appropriate (potential product and retail pitch opportunities)
• Work with the wider PD team and BALA team to ensure all product development is in line with terms outlined in contracts.
• Ensure all licensees & agents have the applicable assets they need for their development, using our internal systems to curate.
• Support the business strategies and assist in identifying new product opportunities for our properties in assigned categories and regions in support of the wider creative teams
• Building close and encouraging working relationships with the Creative directors & Managers across the Product Development Team and wider creative group. To ensure that standard methodology crafts and working methods are shared. Overall achieving regularity in how we own the workflow and priorities within the team and our partners across the business.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of creative trends and product development including identify potential new product categories and opportunities.
• Commit to stability improve creative development – push the creative boundaries of traditional approaches to develop innovative, business applicable and original creative solutions for our brands.
• Adopt the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• Essential – Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator and have strong creative and design skills, including concept ideation and sketching.
• Creative flair – ability to work with trends and product development concepts
• Years of established commercial experience within product development or design, ideally within a toy licensing environment coupled with experience in managing and developing designers.
• Proficient understanding of the licensing industry, including licensing contracts and agreements. Intermediate experience within the Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word PPT.
• BA/BSc or Technical College qualification related to design and product field
• Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations
• Highly organized and can run various project at different stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills.
• A strong decision maker. Can prioritise well, handle a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines.
• Possesses a positive work ethic and is solutions focused and an upbeat approach to work.
• Flexibility, self-motivated and able to work independently
• Pro-active phenomenal teammate and highly responsive to requests
• A second language is preferable. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.