ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Product Designer (Platform Services)
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
ViacomCBS is looking for a mid-level product designer to join our growing Product Design Team. You will help us create and innovate the UX/UI for a suite of single-brand products across the globe including MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Nickelodeon and many more. This is a wonderful opportunity as our applications are experienced by millions of users on all present-day platforms across the globe.
You must be a strong collaborator and communicator; able to present design solutions clearly in large team settings. You will work in partnership with other cross-functional teams such as Product Management, Engineering, Production as well as Senior Management. Most importantly, you should exhibit outstanding visual and user interface design skills. This includes an affinity for modern design language systems. This role will cover a wide range of responsibilities but will be expected to focus on our back-end suite of content management systems tools.
• Work with designers, product managers and engineers to develop and refine features. This includes, user flows, screen flows, wireframes, visual designs, prototyping, and developer specs.
• Help create and maintain our Design Language System.
• Design, create, and evolve our growing suite of digital products including those that pertain to our CMS tool suite and its dependent businesses.
• Develop a working knowledge of our back-end database and API systems that support our CMS.
• Understand and learn data mapping of the back-end CMS as it relates to the UI across platforms.
• Write documentation for developers and take your work through development.
• 4–6 years of experience doing product design work in a professional environment
• A portfolio of UX/UI work, demonstrating your design process on web and native platforms.
• Strong visual design skills: layout, typography, color theory, etc.
• Proficient UX skills: information architecture, user flows, wireframing, prototyping and user testing.
• Experience with working on or with a Design Language System.
• Experience with Content Management Systems.
• Deadline-driven and detail-oriented.
• Self-starter; confident in communications both orally and written.
• Well versed with Sketch, Figma.
• All applications must include a link to a portfolio.