ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Product Designer, Maxpreps
MaxPreps, a division of CBS Sports Digital, is America's most prominent sports media company dedicated to the coverage of high school sports. We serve 12MM active monthly visitors by showcasing student-athletes hard-earned achievements and accomplishments across the nation to families, colleges, and fans.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help craft the future of MaxPreps customer experiences. You'll be joining a cross-functional and design-led team, using research and business initiatives to ship terrific product experiences to its millions of users. This is an exciting opportunity to have a seat at the table in a large organization with plenty of potential for career growth and development!
Product Designers are true leaders within our teams. They help define product strategy and direction, set the bar for design standards, and lead the entire customer journey. They not only get the opportunity to drive the product's vision but can carry that vision through execution to launch, witnessing the direct impact of their ideas at scale!
Find out more about Design at CBS Sports: https://bit.ly/3xBdIhr
• Develop sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to validate concepts and hypotheses with your end-users.
• Work cross-functionally with product and engineering to deliver high-quality product experiences.
• Provide specs, interactive prototypes, and design requirements to developers.
• Communicate and present your work, aligning partners, explaining your creative process, and how your final design aligns with the product goals.
• Work closely with the marketing team when needed to support design initiatives as well as maintain and give to a scalable design system.
• Work with Product, Development, and QA to refine requirements, develop user stories and actively participate in Agile methodology.
• Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work on every last detail, every step of the way.
• You have 2 years of experience working on digital web products. You have a portfolio or PDF to reflect that work.
• A portfolio of projects that demonstrate a strong understanding of UI/UX standard methodologies.
• Experience working with a cross-functional team.
• A great storyteller and communicator, you're able to translate ideas into concepts that are easy to understand for a variety of audiences, aligning a broad, fast paced organization.
• Use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions.
• A strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography, and usability.
• Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing to discover solutions that exceed user standards.
• Proficiency in design tools such as Figma.
• Have strong beliefs, loosely held, with a willingness to lead design decisions while being open to and giving constructive criticism.
• Experience giving to product direction based on business and customer goals